Consistent Color

Help Support CattleToday:

MountainFarmChar

Reaction score
The last of my Beefmaster/Charolais cross spring calves were born this week. Every calf but one is a solid tan/brown, and the one exception only has a little white on it's face. I was hoping for this consistent solid color but wasn't sure if I would get it.

A lot of people didn't think I would get this consistent solid color. Do you think my calves are the exception or the rule?

exception. i get whites, yellows, reds, etc out of charolais cows. just depends on your bull and cows i guess.

i have gotten consistant coloring from charolais cows and a herford bukk for the last three years...neighbor gets consistant color from charolais cattle and braford bull..consistant from charolais caow ans angus bulls...i don't know about beefmaster cattle, i do not think they are a color consistant breed...i do know that as a rule charolais bulls tend to make a herd uniform in color...

MountainFarmChar":3mkmkdxw said:
The last of my Beefmaster/Charolais cross spring calves were born this week. Every calf but one is a solid tan/brown, and the one exception only has a little white on it's face. I was hoping for this consistent solid color but wasn't sure if I would get it.

A lot of people didn't think I would get this consistent solid color. Do you think my calves are the exception or the rule?

Can you post some pics of the calves? I am planning on using a charolais bull on my beefmaster x brangus heifers next breeding season, and would like to see what I might expect. Thanks in advance.

Its pretty normal to get a uniform crop of calves out of a Charolais bull on Beefmaster cows, which I assume is what you have. I get consistant yellow, yellow white face and whitish to grayish calves out of mainly tigerstripe cows and a few other colored cows. Theres only a couple exceptions like one HolsteinxBrahma who always has a smokey with white frost marks.

It all depends on your Charolais cattle I guess I know some bloodlines come out with more straw color cattle then others and others are in between so I guess it all depends on you Charolais

i thought we were talking about a beefmaster bull on charolais cows here?

Cow_Town":zamxqutb said:
Beefy":zamxqutb said:
i thought we were talking about a beefmaster bull on charolais cows here?

Its my mistake, I just dont know why anyone would have that combo, when the opposite is so much better.

Let me answer that for you: Because I'm not trying to get out of the Charolais business, at some point I will return to a Charolais bull and raise more pure bred and reg Charolais calves.

Latest posts