Congratulations St. Louis Cardinals!

Help Support CattleToday:

VanC":2n26xy3m said:
sim.-ang.king":2n26xy3m said:
Must be a Cub fan...so sensitive!

:lol2:

Not usually, but I am tonight for some reason. Just for the record, I don't agree with the article. I grew up in an area where Cubs and Cardinal fans are split about 50/50, so I have lots of friends that root for the Cardinals. When I was a kid I used to fall asleep listening to Jack Buck and Harry Caray doing the Cardinal games on the radio, unless the Cubs were playing at night on the road. The Cardinal's organization is one of the finest in pro sports and has been since long before I was born. Wish I could say the same about the Cubs. :D
I do wish some year that the cubs and cards would play each other in the playoffs. Maybe even the wildcard game, now that would be one wild game! :nod: :hide:

The plate umpires are calling strikes old style - arm pits to the knees plate wide and with the pitchers the Cards and Dodgers are putting on the mound, these are going to be some close low scoring games. Great plays and gaffes are magnified when the pitching is this great. The Cards just seemed to lack focus tonight and made far more than their share of mistakes while LA played a clean game.

This could get interesting but we know there will be at least one more game in St. Louis.

Dega Moo":so702ief said:
The plate umpires are calling strikes old style - arm pits to the knees plate wide and with the pitchers the Cards and Dodgers are putting on the mound, these are going to be some close low scoring games. Great plays and gaffes are magnified when the pitching is this great. The Cards just seemed to lack focus tonight and made far more than their share of mistakes while LA played a clean game.

This could get interesting but we know there will be at least one more game in St. Louis.

Lacked focus was right. I was irrate watching this game. I did rather enjoy last night's win though. :clap:

Go CARDS!!!

Interesting game tonight. Does anyone else wonder why this Puig is in the majors? BTW: way ta go Cards!

St. Louis Cardinal hitters routed L.A. 9-0. Way to go!! Series bound.....
StLC2.jpg

Dega Moo":3smcpu7w said:
Interesting game tonight. Does anyone else wonder why this Puig is in the majors? BTW: way ta go Cards!
He's like a lot of those west coast players....lot of show.

Should be a great World Series! Not really a Bosox fan but they sure seem to be peaking at the right time. Their lil Japanese closer is pretty tough too.

This morning they were talking about Dizzy Dean. Never saw him play but it reminded me of when he announced the baseball games on TV. The 3 things I will never forget was his names for different types of hits, a dying quail and a blue darter, but most of all one comment he made when a guy hit a grandslam, "Well that got the pitcher out of trouble". Seems like sports doesn;t really have the characters like they used to have

dun":3j0yyb44 said:
This morning they were talking about Dizzy Dean. Never saw him play but it reminded me of when he announced the baseball games on TV. The 3 things I will never forget was his names for different types of hits, a dying quail and a blue darter, but most of all one comment he made when a guy hit a grandslam, "Well that got the pitcher out of trouble". Seems like sports doesn;t really have the characters like they used to have

Dun - seems they got some characters but all the wrong kinds today. Eucker and Shannon have some of that old charm in their own way and there's a few good old coaches left but not many especially with Leland quitting. Most of the players are putting on some kind of a public persona aimed to maximize their contract potential.

Oh well....

Dega Moo":32n9l8ze said:
dun":32n9l8ze said:

Dun - seems they got some characters but all the wrong kinds today. Eucker and Shannon have some of that old charm in their own way and there's a few good old coaches left but not many especially with Leland quitting. Most of the players are putting on some kind of a public persona aimed to maximize their contract potential.

Oh well....
In the movie Major League (I think) Bob Euchre made me think of Dizzy

sim.-ang.king":uq5k9m6w said:
J&D Cattle":uq5k9m6w said:
I was able to get Game 5 World Series tickets. I'm super excited!!! GO CARDS!!!
How many cows did you have to sell? :lol2:

Got reasonably lucky, only $200. They were going for $638 on stubhub. Still a bunch of money but I couldn't pass it up.

J&D Cattle":1lrdvn63 said:
sim.-ang.king":1lrdvn63 said:
J&D Cattle":1lrdvn63 said:
I was able to get Game 5 World Series tickets. I'm super excited!!! GO CARDS!!!
How many cows did you have to sell? :lol2:

Got reasonably lucky, only $200. They were going for $638 on stubhub. Still a bunch of money but I couldn't pass it up.
Well you got a deal.

dun":1b5o2s09 said:
Will you be able to get a refund if there is a sweep?
Hey, let's not talk that way. They were a little off last night, but they should more than recover...

HDRider":3e05lapm said:
dun":3e05lapm said:
Will you be able to get a refund if there is a sweep?
Hey, let's not talk that way. They were a little off last night, but they should more than recover...
Just makes me think of 2004

Latest posts