Congratulations Chiefs!

Help Support CattleToday:

I didn't pay much attention to the game and didn't really care about it but my youngest is a big football fan. But to say the holding call didn't play a part is certainly not the case. It eliminated any chance the Eagles had of getting the ball back. It was 3rd down, the Chiefs would have had to kick their field goal and the Eagles get the ball back with a couple minutes left to get in field goal range to tie it. Instead, the Chiefs get a new set of downs and are able to kill the rest of the clock. There are holding calls that can be made on every single play, for that particular "hold" to be called at that specific time is going to raise flags for a lot of people. Pair it with the baffling situation where they allowed Reid to throw a challenge flag after TWO snaps of the ball, it leaves a bad taste in the mouth of a lot of fans.

Best game I have seen in years, and I thought it was called good. There were questionable calls for both sides as humans tend to do. I thought the biggest problem was the field condition. That probably was a disadvantage for the Eagles and advantageous to the Chiefs. It hurt the Eagles defense and their overpowering offensive line. I knew what the half time show would be, so I did not subject myself to that crap. Chris Stapleton did a good on the National anthem. I also thought Fox's Kevin Burkhardt and Greg Olsen did a good job announcing the game. I just about can't stand to listen to Tony Romo.

Last edited:
Best game I have seen in years, and I thought it was called good.
Fox Sports named Vikings vs Bills the best game of the year.
Down by 14 pts at halftime, then by 17 in the 3rd quarter, Vikings came back to win in overtime at Buffalo 33-30
Admittedly I am extremely bias, but I'd say most exciting game of 21st century and the most exciting game I've ever seen.

Congratulations to Patrick Mahomes (his dad was Mn Twins pitcher) on winning regular season MVP.
Since 2000 9 regular season MVPs had played in the Super Bowl and their teams were 0-9

Last edited:
I don't generally watch the super bowl or football but our German exchange student asked if we were going to watch so we did to give her the experience. Made some superbowl food as well. We watched through the half time show then she said that was enough and I agreed so we all went to bed. She is a Rhianna fan and is a competitive dancer so she enjoyed the half time show, I endured it for her sake.

Wouldn't have known who won not for this thread. I quit the NFL years ago over politics.
I usually go to a friends house for the Super Bowl party, at which time I find out who's playing.
They depend on my generosity and persistence at helping float the keg while I cheer for the underdog.

Wouldn't have known who won not for this thread. I quit the NFL years ago over politics.
My wife and I were big sports fans. We used to spend money going to games even bought a jersey once.... It was really the only thing we "wasted" money on.
When they started kneeling and crap we were done. Then it only got worse, some athletes decided that we all need to follow their moral compass because they became an "activest".
I really enjoyed football.
I love competition, it makes people who they are.
I played football in HS, All-star / All- Conference ....but it was so different then..... Everyone had RESPECT!

My wife and I were big sports fans. We used to spend money going to games even bought a jersey once.... It was really the only thing we "wasted" money on.
When they started kneeling and crap we were done. Then it only got worse, some athletes decided that we all need to follow their moral compass because they became an "activest".
I really enjoyed football.
I love competition, it makes people who they are.
I played football in HS, All-star / All- Conference ....but it was so different then..... Everyone had RESPECT!
I played as well, broke my leg on kickoff return. I could run a 4.5 forty. It was fun till one of those big corn fed boys caught my little butt.
Loved everything about the game and baseball too.
I was a better baseball player.

I played as well, broke my leg on kickoff return. I could run a 4.5 forty. It was fun till one of those big corn fed boys caught my little butt.
Loved everything about the game and baseball too.
I was a better baseball player.

Yes I thought I was really something !!!

But when we started playing the big city teams that had a whole lot of kids to choose from we would get our butt whipped hard. We were corn-fed boys and thought we had size.. but we found out there were a lot bigger kids than us.

Our biggest nemesis was Mount Carmel Illinois, i don't remember the exact scores but it was always like 51 to 0.
By about the second quarter kids were faking injuries just so they can stay out of the game.