Congratulations Chiefs!

Help Support CattleToday:

I myself didn't care either way, but that BS holding call on the Eagles sealed it for the Chiefs.
For those who didn't like the call on James Bradberry, here's the word from the man himself:

"It was a holding. I tugged his jersey. I was hoping they would let it slide."
Don't want it called? Don't commit the infraction. He couldn't keep up with the receiver and decided to cheat a bit and got caught at it. Nobody to blame but himself.

Last edited:
I myself didn't care either way, but that BS holding call on the Eagles sealed it for the Chiefs.
I hope Andy Reid will have the courtesy of awarding that Ref a game ball.
It was a B.S. call as the defender is allowed to touch but not impede the receiver, they should've picked up the flag according to the rules.

What about the recalled fumble recovery/TD that was overturned? No dog in the fight, but I found that a bit suspect.
Under the old rules it was a TD. In slow motion replay it looked as though he held the ball long enough to be called a fumble, but in real time it didn't. I think the officials got it right, but it was very borderline.

But not grab, the jersey from behind.
There was no significant grab of the jersey, hand was open laying/touching his back and did not impede the receiver as he easily ran away from the defender and then missed getting to the pass on his own. I dislike Philly and their fans, but think they have a legitimate beef. I hate when refs in any sport insert themselves in deciding championship games. Baseball umpires have a variety of strike zones.

Pass interference penalties give the refs a lot of leeway when making a call, yes there was a minor tug on jersey early, but
the ball was also overthrown and should have been deemed uncatchable which negates hand fighting and tugs.
Not the best called or cleanest game by either team. But very exciting for the fans of both teams. Congrats KC.

Last edited:
Jalen Hurts is amazing on qb sneaks. He works out squat pressing 600 lbs the same weight his center Jason Kelce presses.
World record is 1,300+ lbs so he's got a ways to go. Maybe the 2 of them together could give it a shot. lol

p.s.
The halftime show sucked.

Last edited:
Bud Grant has lobbied the NFL for 50 years to employ refs full time rather than on a part time basis as they do.
NFL has the money and full time refs would make the officiating more consistent.

The half time show. I changed the channel to the Cowboy channel and watched the bareback broncs and steer wrestling at San Antonio. A local young man was third in the steer wrestling. Then back to the game.

Fun game, halftime sucked. There were calls the refs didn't make so I think it all worked out. Only game I watched this year. The commercials were lame even IMO

The halftime show sucking goes without saying. When is the last one that didn't? Rhianna is insanely talented, unfortunately like most she lets the production take away from her talent.

The holding call was a little iffy but in all of these games there is a few calls that get questioned. Honestly I don't think it changed the outcome. It was better than average odds that KC was going to get a new set of downs anyway. All in all I think they played a really clean game on both sides and the refs pretty much let them play.

You would be hard pressed to put together 2 more evenly matched teams IMO.

I did switch during a commercial and caught the saddle bronc riding at San Antonio. Watched Ryder Wright win and back to the game in time to watch the punt return.

Latest posts