Now the season is over time for rumors, Ohio St

Help Support CattleToday:

Alan

Reaction score
Is certainly QB heavy next year. Rumor is Braxton Miller is transferring to Oregon next year ........ Or LSU, or Florida St, or......... His dad and Urban has both said he's coming back, but the third string QB won a national title. Too many Buckeye QB's next year.

A little early, considering injuries--some QBs come back from injuries the next year--some never do. Then too, hard to say if Jones will hold up either. This was really only his---3rd? start and full game? Getting down the field seemed easy enough for him but not being able to get into the end zone once down there looks suspicious, tho a lot of tonight's game rests on the D side and of course to a great game by OS.

Braxton Miller could easily find himself a home almost anywhere I imagine--maybe at Austin if he's interested, or on the other end of the country, and closer to Ohio, Jim Harbaugh is going to be trying to turn that Michigan program around as quick as he can and Miller would be a step in the right direction.
I just don't see Miller transferring to LSU tho, not if he wants to play somewhere he can win big games against tough opponents---LSU doesn't have enough in the the rest of the team to help him along that path.

I agree it's way too early for this, but going the "what if" game. Braxton is a graduated redshirt senior, I'm under the impression he needs to transfer out of conference to a school that has a graduate program Ohio St does not offer. I may be wrong in some of this or all of this. Although I'm sure Harbaugh would love to land him. I sure can see Texas wanting to be in the mix.

For me and the Ducks the worst part of the game was seeing the future of our back up QB in a pressure situation. He panicked under pressure from a top notch team, I hope we have a good QB coming up because Lockie was not impressive on his only play tonight. He's only played in garbage time this year.

Too Early look at Amway top 25 for 2015 season? :D
They give their reasoning at the link:
http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nc ... /21517063/

(I really don't see Auburn being ahead of TCU, Oregon or Alabama)
1. Ohio State (2014 record: 14-1)

2. Auburn (8-5)

3. TCU (12-1)

4. Stanford (8-5)

5. Alabama (12-2)

6. Baylor (11-2)

7. Florida State (13-1)

8. Michigan State (11-2)

9. Mississippi (9-4)

10. Oregon (13-2)
Why No. 10? Because there's no denying the fact that Oregon will take at least a slight step back in 2015. That's not just because the Ducks will lose Marcus Mariota, though that's one of the primary factors behind a projected downturn. Oregon must also replace Hroniss Grasu, Jake Fisher, Keanon Lowe, Tony Washington, Erick Dargan, Troy Hill and Ifo Ekpre-Olomu, and might need to deal with the early departures of two standouts on the defensive line. Oregon will still be one of the best in the Pac-12, but the team might undergo a slight retooling project in 2015.

11. Arizona State (10-3)

12. Clemson (10-3)

13. Southern California (9-4)

14. Georgia (10-3)

15. Arizona (10-4)

16. Boise State (12-2)

17. UCLA (10-3)

18. Missouri (11-3)

19. LSU (8-5)

20. Wisconsin (11-3)

21. Oklahoma (8-5)

22. Notre Dame (8-5)

23. Georgia Tech (11-3)

24. Oklahoma State (7-6)

25. Nebraska (9-4)

I can sure Ohio st at #1, their a very young team, lots coming back. Auburn???. Stanford certainly doesn't belong there at 4. Ducks will have some trouble next year, they need a decent QB and the only only with game experience is not very good. Some young prospects including a transfer, who setting out this year, but I hear good things about his scout team play, we'll see. Ducks do have a lot coming back next year, but GB covered it pretty well what we're losing, our DB's will need to rebuild next year.

Mariota still has not said if he is going pro or not, he's a fool if he doesn't. I was surprised to read on report saying the Ohio St QB, jones is thinking about going pro. I know he's 22 with a new baby, but I don't know how much college time he has in. That just one report though, how true? Who knows.

Deepsouth":3nhdrgl6 said:
College football is over its time to talk about pigeon rolling.

The seasons never over!! We still have the annual shuffling of coaches and assistants, Thursday is the deadline for declaring for the NFL, we have the national letter of intent day coming up and of course all the off season soap opera to watch. The soap opera, you know, which players get in off the field trouble, which schools and local law enforcement try to cover it up only to simply brush it off ....... The season is never over! :mrgreen:

Alan":2vjqv7dg said:
Deepsouth":2vjqv7dg said:
College football is over its time to talk about pigeon rolling.

The seasons never over!! We still have the annual shuffling of coaches and assistants, Thursday is the deadline for declaring for the NFL, we have the national letter of intent day coming up and of course all the off season soap opera to watch. The soap opera, you know, which players get in off the field trouble, which schools and local law enforcement try to cover it up only to simply brush it off ....... The season is never over! :mrgreen:

FSU, FSU, FSU......GO CRIMMNOLES!

Ok people, Football season is over and its time we get back to business. This site has Become a place to tell jokes and discuss sports. This is a Cattle forum and I for one am sick and tired of all this banter. We are here to share ideas and learn about increasing profits and bettering our herds. today is a new day and I suggest some of you grow up. I have been told I'm not funny anymore so I have decided to be more serious. Please do not try and bait me into conversations. I have put the daily joke thread on my FOE list so I wont ben tempted to laugh.

M5farm":3n1yjkf1 said:
Ok people, Football season is over and its time we get back to business. This site has Become a place to tell jokes and discuss sports. This is a Cattle forum and I for one am sick and tired of all this banter. We are here to share ideas and learn about increasing profits and bettering our herds. today is a new day and I suggest some of you grow up. I have been told I'm not funny anymore so I have decided to be more serious. Please do not try and bait me into conversations. I have put the daily joke thread on my FOE list so I wont ben tempted to laugh.

What a sore looser.

Alan":3qwdw1al said:
Is certainly QB heavy next year. Rumor is Braxton Miller is transferring to Oregon next year ........ Or LSU, or Florida St, or......... His dad and Urban has both said he's coming back, but the third string QB won a national title. Too many Buckeye QB's next year.

THe first pass he threw was a swing pass. He ran the other 3. Replay showed open receivers. He didn't see them? He did not have the confidence to throw to them? Something amiss which is probably why he is 3rd string.

BHB, I agree I'm Jones had some confidence issues last night, but sure got the job done. And oregon didn't, our linebackers decided to take the night off, leaving the tackling to small DB's 10+ yards down the field, at least someone finally told our defense to stop trying to tackle that 250lb QB high and hit him low. We were simply out classed and out played. BTW to all of the yea but he's third string guys, I willing to bet he's better than any other third string QB out there, our third string guy is a walk on.

Well they just plain left out mississippi state. Thats bull hockey.

M5farm":237v7rzp said:
If you say one more word....

Word! :)

Alan":38hfhk7o said:
I can sure Ohio st at #1, their a very young team, lots coming back. Auburn???. Stanford certainly doesn't belong there at 4. Ducks will have some trouble next year, they need a decent QB and the only only with game experience is not very good. Some young prospects including a transfer, who setting out this year, but I hear good things about his scout team play, we'll see. Ducks do have a lot coming back next year, but GB covered it pretty well what we're losing, our DB's will need to rebuild next year.

Mariota still has not said if he is going pro or not, he's a fool if he doesn't. I was surprised to read on report saying the Ohio St QB, jones is thinking about going pro. I know he's 22 with a new baby, but I don't know how much college time he has in. That just one report though, how true? Who knows.

Jones going pro after 3 will be a bigger flop that Vince Young and Johnny Manziel. Right now he doesn't look like he even knows how to spell "Pro".

Coming home from town this morning news report said Jones is coming back, he doesn't feel ready for the NFL.

Alan":33gsxbti said:
Coming home from town this morning news report said Jones is coming back, he doesn't feel ready for the NFL.
Very smart move. If he stays healthy his stock can only go up.

shaneb":1qoqnzc1 said:
Well they just plain left out mississippi state. Thats bull hockey.
They got beat by #12 Ga Tech in the Orange Bowl game by more than 2 TDs, so down they went in the standings..

And Ole Miss (not that anyone asked or should wonder) --well-they played TCU in Peach Bowl--nuff said.

M5farm":1q4rfvzc said:

Hmmm-have I missed something today?

He's really upset about posting a pic of him in a Duck shirt ..... It didn't help the ducks. :cry2:

Latest posts