Comrade, Patriot or Black Granite?

Help Support CattleToday:

Air gator

Reaction score
Connealy Comrade, Deer Valley Patriot or Connealy Black Granite for this heifer? She is a TC Freedom heifer out of a SAF Fame cow.

I went/watched 3 auctions this year and the majority of yearling bulls sired by Black Granite went for over the average price of bulls sold that day. I did not see any offspring from the other two.

All 3 good sires, but probably comrade or black granite they have more proof. I've seen progeny of both and liked them. What are your goals with her?

Not sure if any of you have seen any of the new Genex Angus bulls? They have a really nice Comrade bull Altitude and a really nice Black Granite son Rock Solid. First thing for me is to manage the heifer so she has an easy time calving, but I still want a quality calf.

Rock solid looks good, I just prefer more proven bulls just my opinion though.

Whichever of those bulls that will help you take the heifer off of the calf.. That heifer has alot of hair for a florida heifer.

jscunn":3gj3hv8d said:
Whichever of those bulls that will help you take the heifer off of the calf.. That heifer has alot of hair for a florida heifer.

And the phenotype of a Maine Angus. I would probably breed her to something like Momentum to see what kind of yield and grade she can produce. Maine Angus usually wins calf to carcass contests.

Unfortunately, there is no epd for hair or heat tolerance. It's hard to tell whether a bull is really slick or has he been groomed well?

Connelly Reflection will slick them off, he's Accelerated but he is the sire of a little ol bull that Genex has called Jindra Double Vision, not sure he will slick one off like Reflection.

Latest posts