Coming to Wal Mart Sooner or later

Help Support CattleToday:

Wal Mart didn't help the American cattleman with that one. With all them new stores opening up, CAB could be on the rise again.
This might only help the sale CAB in China, we need to have some CAB infomercials on TV in China.

highgrit":3aiwiwip said:
Wal Mart didn't help the American cattleman with that one. With all them new stores opening up, CAB could be on the rise again.
This might only help the sale CAB in China, we need to have some CAB infomercials on TV in China.
There's not enough CAB to go around now. I haven't been able to get any in months. Sure don't need to be sending any overseas.

highgrit":135u526y said:
Yep, they might actually fall for them too.

ga.prime":22r00d5k said:
Plainly y'all have never had a CAB ribeye or you wouldn't be talking that BS.

Had a Holstein ribeye for Christmas Dinner and it was prime. Prettiest marbling i have seen in a long time.

I don't know how to get ahold of any prime. I've never seen it for sale anywhere. The butcher at Publix Supermarket told me once in awhile they accidentally get sent a box of prime loins along with the choice but they keep it for themselves and don't put it up for sale in the meat case.

ga.prime":299w5h8y said:
I don't know how to get ahold of any prime. I've never seen it for sale anywhere. The butcher at Publix Supermarket told me once in awhile they accidentally get sent a box of prime loins along with the choice but they keep it for themselves and don't put it up for sale in the meat case.

We sell it. However on that particular piece of meat the spec says Ch or higher. Usually it is just a real nice CH. However this one was special. It weighed approx 12lbs. On one that size i will usually cut off 6 or 7, 10 to 12 oz steaks and then roast the rest for prime rib. When I cut off the first steak on the chuck end I couldn't believe what i was seeing. The marbling was way beyond abundant. Beleive me when i say I know what prime looks like and this is the real deal.

BTW I cooked it using the 500 for 5 min a lb method and it was beyone a doubt the best prime rib i ever cooked and perfectly done throughout.

Sounds great 3way! I cooked a 10.5 lb choice rib roast at Christmas and it was pretty dang good too. The one I cooked was non-specific on beef breed constituency.

ga.prime":1obgcwg2 said:
Sounds great 3way! I cooked a 10.5 lb choice rib roast at Christmas and it was pretty dang good too. The one I cooked was non-specific on beef breed constituency.

I knew what this was cuz I have been selling this Brand for 25 years. It has never let me down.

3waycross":vquf7u9s said:
ga.prime":vquf7u9s said:

I knew what this was cuz I have been selling this Brand for 25 years. It has never let me down.

Those good grain fed black and whites bring some darn good money here. They will only be about3-4 cents behind the best beef steers! If grain fed from the start they make a very good grading high quality beef.

I knew what this was cuz I have been selling this Brand for 25 years. It has never let me down.[/quote]

Those good grain fed black and whites bring some darn good money here. They will only be about3-4 cents behind the best beef steers! If grain fed from the start they make a very good grading high quality beef.[/quote]

Yes they do and they never build much of a fatcap. The YG on those steers is way better than a "beef" breed.

this might cause a lot of misunderstanding when the wife asked you what you want for dinner and you answer how about a little ass :???:

3waycross":cp1u3dbs said:

Those good grain fed black and whites bring some darn good money here. They will only be about3-4 cents behind the best beef steers! If grain fed from the start they make a very good grading high quality beef.[/quote]

Yes they do and they never build much of a fatcap. The YG on those steers is way better than a "beef" breed.[/quote]
Have fed a lot of holstein steers and pushed some of them into choice. You are right they are very good top quality beef. Like I said they can be fed to choice but they are'nt real effiecent so can eat up a lot of feed those last weeks. Also don't dressto good . That said I have been told that they are the most predictable cattle that we in the US. feed as there are only about 3-5 sires in the whole breed. Do not know if that is true but do really know that [years ago] the Wisc. steers fed and graded better than west Fargo's.For top quality eating beef a good finished holstein is hard to beat. One other thing and then I'll shut up. I always smile when people talk about PRIME RIB as this time of year it's on everyboy's menu. A whole lot of the primes in this country come out of white cow carcass's especially cafe-grill and niteclub meat. Good enough meat but not all fat rib roasts are nessecarily prime. A few drinks a lot of dressing up with different seasoning and the lights down low makes a lot of difference. But it is darn sure a good thing for the business, not that long ago turkey, goose, duck,and even chicken was the solution for holiday dinner's.

Beef Man":3pc35b72 said:
3waycross":3pc35b72 said:

Those good grain fed black and whites bring some darn good money here. They will only be about3-4 cents behind the best beef steers! If grain fed from the start they make a very good grading high quality beef.

Yes they do and they never build much of a fatcap. The YG on those steers is way better than a "beef" breed.[/quote]
Have fed a lot of holstein steers and pushed some of them into choice. You are right they are very good top quality beef. Like I said they can be fed to choice but they are'nt real effiecent so can eat up a lot of feed those last weeks. Also don't dressto good . That said I have been told that they are the most predictable cattle that we in the US. feed as there are only about 3-5 sires in the whole breed. Do not know if that is true but do really know that [years ago] the Wisc. steers fed and graded better than west Fargo's.For top quality eating beef a good finished holstein is hard to beat. One other thing and then I'll shut up. I always smile when people talk about PRIME RIB as this time of year it's on everyboy's menu. A whole lot of the primes in this country come out of white cow carcass's especially cafe-grill and niteclub meat. Good enough meat but not all fat rib roasts are nessecarily prime. A few drinks a lot of dressing up with different seasoning and the lights down low makes a lot of difference. But it is darn sure a good thing for the business, not that long ago turkey, goose, duck,and even chicken was the solution for holiday dinner's.[/quote]

A lot of truth there. Good post Beef Man.

Latest posts