Combination bale spear and pallet fork?

Help Support CattleToday:

jkwilson

Reaction score
Anybody use something like the Titan combination hay spear and pallet fork?

http://www.palletforks.com/42inch-titan ... hment.html

Incoming new tractor with skid steer style attachments on the loader, so I was considering this to replace my current pin on bale spear.

Spear is on the loader 90% of the time. Don't currently have a pallet fork, but have needed one and think it would be useful.

Any comments on either the utility of the combo or quality of the Titan product are appreciated.

Seems like a good idea to me. Forks are about the most useful thing on a loader I've found. One of those things I never knew I was missing until I used a set. The spear isn't even needed unless you're stacking the bales.

I just use the bale spike with the 2 spikes at the bottom as a bale spike AND as pallet forks.

Looks ok, But in my opinion you need a spear and a set of forks , With a SS attachment you can change it out before you every get the forks slid off to use just the spear or the spears removed to use the forks, I have a homemade set of forks with a john deere style quick connect I built , The quick connect frame is where my spear attaches. I don't think I have over 150 bucks in material in it. Its not fancy built and the welds wont win any prizes but it has been tested to it limit and not a single weld has broke. I have broken the axle shaft spear twice. Ill dig up the thread. I am not familiar with the SS attachment But I would think you could add a receiver hitch tube or a spear socket to the skid steer frame then just get you a set of forks for about 1/2 of what that thing cost. then all you have to do is drop the forks and stick the spear in and go.

dun":ckdoic6k said:
I just use the bale spike with the 2 spikes at the bottom as a bale spike AND as pallet forks.

Same here. I rarely use the pallet forks any more after getting some of the 2 spike units.

The one in the picture looks nice, but will take longer to convert than it would to swap out another implement. You're going to have to remove all 3 spikes to slide the forks to the center for removal/install. That'll get old quick.

Latest posts