Colorado theatre shooting

Help Support CattleToday:

3waycross":1w4cycua said:
BTW the real irony here is that i am sure that law is still on the books in Aurora..........Did a lot of good didn't it!

We have our share of nut's just seems your's are worse than our's. Must be something in the water.
Or they know dang near everyone down here is packing. I don't know a person that doesn't have one in the truck or a CHL.

3waycross":27lqhi4k said:
VanC":27lqhi4k said:
Well, so much for concealed carry in Colorado:

Currently in Aurora, Colorado, where the shooting took place, it is already unlawful to carry a concealed "dangerous weapon," discharge firearms, unless by law enforcement on duty or on shooting range, and have loaded firearm in motor vehicle.

http://cnsnews.com/blog/ron-meyer/auror ... heater-had

How a local ordinance can supercede state law is beyond me, but it's not the only place that is happening. Bottom line is that even such strict gun laws didn't, and will never, prevent such a thing. I'm guessing we won't hear this little tidbit from the anti-gun crowd.

Just talked to my friend who is an FFL holder and Law Enforcement firearms instructor. He says this is not true. That local ordinance cannot supercede state law. His example was it's no different than saying that blacks have to move to the back of the bus.

Here is the link to what Van is refering. HOWEVER in the same quoted report it states that these local gun bans have all been declared UNENFORCEABLE by the state of Colo. However now that we have a left wing govenor i am sure he will try to get on TV and weepingly try to usurp our 2nd ammendment right once again.
http://www.coloradoceasefire.org/munilaws.htm

Thanks for clearing that up, Vic. Didn't make much sense to me to have a local ordinance supercede state law.

Kathie in Thorp":8bmzgy0n said:
State aces Local; Feds ace State. Big fish eat little fish.

Thanks for clearing that up. But i don't believe there are any Federal CC laws other than where you can't carry in federal buildings. I am pretty sure the Feds don't issue any CC's

Funny how everyone wants to blame guns for this tragedy.

The real cause is stupid politicians. They stop mental health coverage and then blame the after effects of their decisions on guns.

The governor right down to the local politicians are 100% at fault.

I've never met a gun that killed anyone. I have met many, many politicians that have caused plenty of death and destruction. :deadhorse:

A lot of the population needs to wake up. They need to leave gun laws alone. If there was a gun ban this nut would have used exposives. Look at his appartment he could have used them but didn't cause he was able to take the guns. I couldn't imagine how bad it would have been if explosives were used cause they were his only option. If they continue to push this gun ban its going to be just like prohibition. Only the criminals will have the guns and make a ton of money off it. Plus if they think things are bad now it will be 1000 times worse when the criminals know there are no guns to stop them from breaking into whatever they want. The mayor of New York and some of these other politicians make no sense. They act like guns are the cause of all this when in reality its crazy people. With their theory maybe planes and fertilizer should be banned.

gimpyrancher":2t0tqabz said:
I've never met a gun that killed anyone. I have met many, many politicians that have caused plenty of death and destruction. :deadhorse:
Heard someone say the other day that "guns don't kill people any more than a fork makes someone fat". :lol:

Latest posts