College season is now 1/2 over--thoughts on final 4?

Help Support CattleToday:

greybeard

Reaction score
The (non-binding) AP preseason (Aug 23) poll said this:
1.Ohio St.
2.TCU
3. Alabama
4. Baylor
5.Mich St.
6. Auburn
7. Oregon
8.USC
9. Georgia
10. Fla State.
Most recent (non-binding) AP poll says:

1 Ohio State
2 Baylor
3 Utah
4 TCU
5 LSU
6 Clemson
7 Michigan State
8 Alabama
9 Florida State
10 Stanford
IMO, for Baylor to make it, they have to be undefeated, and HAVE to beat TCU (AND, TCU would have to be undefeated going in to that game)

My picks
1. Ohio St
2. LSU
3. Clemson
4. Baylor
with Mich St being the nearest outside chance at #5.

I think TCU is in there instead of Baylor. The school is on the upswing. Dang baseball team ate our lunch...

Clemson still has to play Florida State. Could easily lose that one. Utah still has to play USC and UCLA. Could lose both games.

1. Baylor
2. Ohio State
3. LSU
4. Michigan

Championship Game Baylor / LSU.....hoping LSU wins.

JWBrahman":1lfoarlb said:
I think TCU is in there instead of Baylor. The school is on the upswing. Dang baseball team ate our lunch...
Lots of injuries on that 2015 TCU team--they are finding ways to win, but they are not the power team they were early on or last season.

TexasBred":xs5d2jly said:
Clemson still has to play Florida State. Could easily lose that one. Utah still has to play USC and UCLA. Could lose both games.

1. Baylor
2. Ohio State
3. LSU
4. Michigan

#15 Michigan? I highly doubt that---wolverines are already a 2 loss team (losses to Utah and Mich St). They would need a LOT of help from other teams to get back up, since their remaining schedule doesn't have them playing any power team except Ohio St last week of Nov.
Their remaining schedule is:
Minnesota (#60)
Rutgers (#62)
Indiana (#69)
Penn St (#41)
Ohio St (#1)

All I'm watching is #7. Wow wow wow!!! :pop:

... and as always hoping that Ohio St. falls and falls early

greybeard":140r1xml said:
TexasBred":140r1xml said:

1. Baylor
2. Ohio State
3. LSU
4. Michigan

#15 Michigan? I highly doubt that---wolverines are already a 2 loss team (losses to Utah and Mich St). They would need a LOT of help from other teams to get back up, since their remaining schedule doesn't have them playing any power team except Ohio St last week of Nov.
Their remaining schedule is:
Minnesota (#60)
Rutgers (#62)
Indiana (#69)
Penn St (#41)
Ohio St (#1)

GB I didn't finish my typing I guess....meant to put Michigan State.

I have watched BU a few times and they have an impressive offense but no D and I think that will bite them somewhere. I love what I have seen out of Mich ST and LSU I think right now they would be my favorites to win it all. I think OSU falls to Mich ST. I think TCU beats Baylor and gets in.

1 Mich ST
2 LSU
3 TCU
4 Clemson

wacocowboy":1c9x8zps said:
I have watched BU a few times and they have an impressive offense but no D and I think that will bite them somewhere. I love what I have seen out of Mich ST and LSU I think right now they would be my favorites to win it all. I think OSU falls to Mich ST. I think TCU beats Baylor and gets in.

1 Mich ST
2 LSU
3 TCU
4 Clemson

I like LSU. I really do. My worry for them is the Bama game. LSU looks a tad one dimensional. And their O strength (rushing) matches up with Bamas D strength (rushing defense). Bama is giving up like 2.4 yds a carry on the ground.

I think Clemson will beat FSU. FSU does not have any quality wins on their schedule yet. Clemson and Gators will give them a test.

My final 4 in no order: Alabama, Mich St., Utah, and the winner of Baylor/TCU at end of season..Clemson left on the outside looking in

bball":31j00xnl said:
wacocowboy":31j00xnl said:

1 Mich ST
2 LSU
3 TCU
4 Clemson

I like LSU. I really do. My worry for them is the Bama game. LSU looks a tad one dimensional. And their O strength (rushing) matches up with Bamas D strength (rushing defense). Bama is giving up like 2.4 yds a carry on the ground.

I think Clemson will beat FSU. FSU does not have any quality wins on their schedule yet. Clemson and Gators will give them a test.

My final 4 in no order: Alabama, Mich St., Utah, and the winner of Baylor/TCU at end of season..Clemson left on the outside looking in

I agree with you Bama will be a test for LSU but I still think they pass it by the hair of their chin.

I don't have faith in Utah to run the table.

Latest posts