colic in infants

Help Support CattleToday:

My boy had colic for the first few months of his life. Mamma's breast milk didn't agree with him, nor did many of the formulas. We did find an easy to digest formula that relieved his colic though. Nestle GoodStart was what finally did it.

While we were switching formulas, we also tried and had moderate success with Oval (Simethicone active ingredient), and plain old Gripe water. Sometimes laying him face down on your lap worked. Other times I ended up taking him for a drive in the truck. The bouncing over country roads really seemed to help and was really the only surefire way to get our little one to sleep.

And while I know you're not supposed to do this anymore, he'd only sleep on his tummy. Try putting him on his back and he'd just refuse to sleep.

Hope one of the above helps you.

Rod

Driveing around on a gravel road worked--also puting the babyseat on the running dryer.. I really feel for you-I know what it's like..

gertjie":3ngqq6hw said:
KNERSIE":3ngqq6hw said:
andybob":3ngqq6hw said:
The Rooibos worked well for us, as we produced our own honey from the aloes, there was no reference to infant feeding on our bottles, if indeed there were any warnings in the 70's, sorry about the poor advise.

I wonder how many millions of babies was brought up very healthily with your method? I know I was one of them.

Ditto to that!

I think that using all the home remedies passed on from the granparents must have built up our and the children's immune systems, as none of the family contract the annual bouts of 'flu etc, is it possible modern children are being over protected fron challenges to their immune systems?

Latest posts