cold!

Help Support CattleToday:

Personally I love the cooler weather, it sure beats the heck out of 100+ degree weather. You can always put more clothes on, you can only take so much off ;-) Besides, we're selling the heck out of firewood - just got another order for 2 cords, going to have to get busy splitting more this weekend.

Beefy":ts1bd2cd said:
my grandma (93) was the one who was cold today. i had on a longsleeve tshirt and was fine. it was really windy though.

I enjoy seeing how folks in different areas handle cooling weather. In the south some folks feel the chill at 70 degrees and need a long sleeve shirt. We're in NW Oregon and it has been in the high 40's in the mornings and warming to low 60's. I love it, walking around in a tee shirt and levi's as if it was in the 80's. My wife, who spent 15 years in College Station, TX, has been here for 12 yrs and still needs a turtle neck and sweatshirt under her coat this time of year. I should say that I love walking around in a tee shirt and levi's because the months of straight rain and wind haven't arrived yet.

I too am growing tried of the flies, this time of the year they huddle in the cracks of the doors, so when I open a door, such as the horse trailer tack door, I get a shower of flies. :mad:

Alan

flaboy+":1l35xswr said:
Yesterday 85 with the approach of Wilma. This morning 80. They say 49 tomorrow morning. Should be a record for us.

flaboy, We must live close to each other. This is the same forecast for me. Hot and humid one day and cold the next.

What would be considered the norm in the southern US for this time of year?? I know for us we can almost allways count on snow by Halloween and then it stays and gets colder and colder and doesn't warm up till March /April.

With all the warm weather we've been having I put up a cord of wood, did some straightening up around here and plan on going fishing with one of my o'l friends.
It's the darn fogg that gets me, can't see the barn from the house and doesn't burn off till noon. DMc

TK Ranch":23nqmsen said:
What would be considered the norm in the southern US for this time of year?? I know for us we can almost allways count on snow by Halloween and then it stays and gets colder and colder and doesn't warm up till March /April.

Normal spring and fall weather would be a low around 60 and high would be in the high 70's low 80's. With low humidity :lol:

Tonight the low is forcasted to be 40 and tomorrow's high is 68. This is December weather for us.

Tonight the low is forcasted to be 40 and tomorrow's high is 68. This is December weather for us.

I'll trade our December weather for your December weather any day of the week. A little -20 weather is good for you now and then

TK Ranch":okft2p88 said:

I'll trade our December weather for your December weather any day of the week.

No thanks, That's why we live here :) I've been waiting all summer to get a day like today. I just wish it wouldn't have came so sudden.

It's getting cold here in North central Oklahoma. Its time to clean chimneys get out winter coats and boots (retire my summer steel toed!! can't never get my feet warm with all that steel in there) and just plain get ready for winter! It's been getting' around the 30's here at night and mid to upper 60s in the daytime. Sure was windy today! Boy that wind just wears me down! I am not looking forward to winter! Don't ya hate it when you smash a finger when its 20 degrees out! MAN that finger (or whatever ya smashed) will ache forever it seems!

Better hit the sack!
;-)

it's been getting chilly here. have the pellet stove thermostat set at a constant 63 or so so it runs whenever the whim strikes. had to build a fire upstairs a few nites though. 20's at night, but it warms up nice to the high 50's to low 60's. not too bad, cept when the sun's not up or its windy. suprised we don't have snow though. it snowed in the high country some, but not very much yet.

It was cold to me this past Sunday. late afternoon....drove out to check on horses, my daughter's cow, and calf.
Came back, built a fire and kept it company.

Australian Cattleman":sf7ebeur said:
I always thought that Texas was fairly warm. Does it snow there ever? Do other southern states get snow?

Colin

Coldest place I've ever been in my life was Amarillo, Tx. Including at the northern tip of Alaska.

Down here in Alabama we get snow every couple of years. Biggest snow I can remember was around 10 inches.

They even get frosts in Florida that kill orange trees.

Usually the winter's down south consist of rainy weather.

Australian Cattleman":3mhfj8xz said:
I always thought that Texas was fairly warm. Does it snow there ever? Do other southern states get snow?

Colin

We get some snow and have had a few ice storms. It might snow during the night then be gone by noon or be on the ground for a few days......in my area. It's been very nice outside the past few days, much better than the summer temps. :D

Latest posts