cold!

Help Support CattleToday:

Beefy

Reaction score
it was cold as crap here today. is it cold everywhere? we built a fire in the fireplace. it was 70.

Beefy":3t2r1ajp said:
it was cold as crap here today. is it cold everywhere? we built a fire in the fireplace. it was 70.

Been upper 30's wind and rain here for the past week. I'd rather it be 70 and sunny or 10 below and 3 foot of snow. I hate this inbetween stuff.

I stoked the fire last night because the kids were yelling about being cold.

my grandma (93) was the one who was cold today. i had on a longsleeve tshirt and was fine. it was really windy though.

Yeah, I cleaned the chimney today.and built the first fire of the year tonight. Its not really all that cold, but when you go from 85 to 45 in a couple of days I think Im freezing to death.

We haven't built a fire yet, not quite that cold. A lil tradition we started when we built our new house and got moved in, Thanksgiving weekend 1998, the kids wanted a fire, and we had a brand new bag of marshmellows. So the rule round here is, first fire of the year we hafta have marshmellows to roast.

Yesterday 85 with the approach of Wilma. This morning 80. They say 49 tomorrow morning. Should be a record for us.

its cold here as well.but not cold enough for a fire or coat yet.down in the 40s here for lows.an 60s for highs.scott

It was 51 when I got up to feed the baby this morning and windy as all get out. I walked out the house in shorts, flip flops and a t-shirt and the wind cut to the bone, had to go back in and put on a jacket to go up to the barn. SUpposed to be in the 40's tonight.

Might be time for a fire tonight with these temps. I been up since 7am and aint got warm yet.(Except for the few minutes it took me to drive to town and back, truck was parked in the sun)

I imagine all this talk of "cold" weather by Texans and Southerners has prompted a smile or two from some of our Canuck and northern plains members. Once or twice a year, typically in December or January, I get a chuckle out of our Houston evening newsmen and women, as they admonish us to get ready for a "bitter blast" of cold Arctic air and warn us to protect pets, pipes and tender vegetation from an impending "hard freeze", with temperatures expected to drop as low as 26 degrees in the northern and western suburbs. I guess cold, like beauty, is in the eye of the beholder, so to speak. But this brisk, low humidity air sure feels much better than what we usually have in May through September. Almost makes me want to go build a fence or chainsaw some trees. Wouldn't mind being in a deer stand right about now, either.

It hasn't gotten over 52 degrees here all day, it's dark and windy. My feet are cold and I imagine they will be until next April. We've had a little frost already. I'm not ready for this. It was cloudy all weekend but we never got any rain. We've had a little over an inch so far for the whole month of October. :(

It was 35 when I headed to school and was 49 when I got home and started mowing. didn't need anything more than the clothes I had on all day. Gotta get used to the cold so I dont' need so many layers later on.

Arnold Ziffle":1v5q8mcg said:
I imagine all this talk of "cold" weather by Texans and Southerners has prompted a smile or two from some of our Canuck and northern plains members. Once or twice a year, typically in December or January, I get a chuckle out of our Houston evening newsmen and women, as they admonish us to get ready for a "bitter blast" of cold Arctic air and warn us to protect pets, pipes and tender vegetation from an impending "hard freeze", with temperatures expected to drop as low as 26 degrees in the northern and western suburbs. I guess cold, like beauty, is in the eye of the beholder, so to speak. But this brisk, low humidity air sure feels much better than what we usually have in May through September. Almost makes me want to go build a fence or chainsaw some trees. Wouldn't mind being in a deer stand right about now, either.

:lol: :lol: It was 23 degrees at 7:30 this morning. It's been like this for a week or so, sometimes it warms up during the day and some days it stays cold.

the Canucks are smiling we had 10 inches of snow on the 6th of October warmed up since then but the fire hasn't gone out in over a month. Snow only lasted a few days but it was a cruel trick to play on the guys combining and baling

It was 26 this morning, finally a pretty good frost, hoping to help the corn dry so we can possibly pick this weekend. It is supposed to be in the low 50's for the highs this week. Actually it is pretty reasonable, if the sun is out. Some mornings I have the heater on during my drive to work, and windows down or AC on for the drive home. I haven't taken my winter coat out yet. Last weekend, it was in the low 40's and overcast, had to have a lined flannel shirt over my long-sleeved t-shirt, and I switched to lined gloves last weekend also. This is perfect weather for building fence, and in another week or two when all the leaves are gone, it will be great weather for cutting brush/trees. I don't mind the chill, but hate it when its raining and cold. Would rather have the snow. :D

Oh yeah, and all the flies are gone....have been for a couple weeks now! What a blessing!! :lol: