Coffee makers

Help Support CattleToday:

I still like a coffee pot that continually holds and heats water. You can get one cup machines now that have a small basket so you don't have to buy the expensive cups. Best of both worlds.

Cuisinart works great and is better than any machine we ever had. About seven years old and makes a pot ever day.

Alan":3pf8z2f7 said:
I don't know about how Texans make coffee out of mud puddles, but I have a Keriug vue. I get up, push a button do my morning necessities it's ready to brew.
That's the part I don't get. You push a button, go do your morning ritual, come back and it's "ready to brew"..you still have to brew it.
I get up, push a button on Mr. Coffee, do my "necessities" and my coffee pot is half full of hot already brewed coffee before I finish washing my face..

May not have explained it very well. I push the button (turn on the maker) and it takes about two to three minutes to heat the water, put in the pod and set for 10oz, one minute later the coffee is in my cup. Water in chamber stays hot, so when I'm ready for my second cup it's there in about a minute. No grounds to clean up, no filter, just pull the pod and toss and do again the next morning. It's just too easy, quick and no mess.

The Keurig I've got makes a pot (came with a Keurig pot) at a time if you buy the larger pods. I honestly love my Keurig, have one at home, we have one at the office. I'm not joking, I might buy a travel Keurig to take with me when I travel.

Bigfoot":1ws4phg2 said:
I use the Keurig to heat my water, and use instant coffee. I'm probably the only loser in the world drinking instant coffee.
Why would you do that? Do they even still make instant coffee?

hurleyjd":1udp1s54 said:
Cuisinart works great and is better than any machine we ever had. About seven years old and makes a pot ever day.

I'll second this! Our Cuisinart will be 10 yrs old this Christmas and is still going strong. It makes at least 1 pot every day, sometimes more. Ours has a timer that you can set up to auto brew, I never bother with it though. It only takes a couple minutes before there is enough made for a cup. I have a Tassimo too but it's just not the same, I like it for some of the 'fancier' coffees, but a person could go broke buying pods if they drank as much coffee as we go through. None of them taste as good as the Cuisinart will make either, IMO.

greybeard":2j5f0uff said:
Well, that explains it--you're just being lazy.

Yup! (Bigfoot duck here comes the bus) But Bigfoot uses a Kuerig to heat water for instant coffee. :lol:

Haven't you fellows ever heard of instant coffee, just a spoonfull and pour in the hot water, sweeten to taste and milk if required?????????????????????????? Or am I being a bit crude and tasteless.

Ken

I drink a ridiculous amount of coffee & have a Calaphon. It has a timer but I don't get up at the same time every day so I stumble into the kitchen, hit "brew" and there's enough for my 1st cup within a couple minutes (has a pause feature). I almost bought a Bunn but I wanted (need!) 12 cups & Bunn only brews 10.

I keep a box of Folgers instant coffee in case we lose power (which we do at least a couple times a year). They're like big individual tea bags & taste horrible but better than nothing.

Cross-7":2ltty8x2 said:
Margonme":2ltty8x2 said:
Cross-7":2ltty8x2 said:
Coffee at the local convince store taste like a$$ and I can't stand much more of it
The wife had a Keurig so I went shopping.
Holy crap them things are expensive !
But it was easy, pour in water, drop in a little cup and in 30 secs you had coffee and out the door.
Anything make a decent cup of coffee quick and easy as I'm heading out the door in a big hurry with no time to waste that doesn't break the bank ?

Cross,
Please don't explain how you know but I hope I never experience what an azz tastes like.

:cry:

With my job I kiss enough a$$ I know very well what it taste like

In my former life we changed bosses so often the joke was "It's OK to kiss aZZ, learning WHICH aZZ to kiss is the trick".

wbvs58":f00hk6rd said:
Haven't you fellows ever heard of instant coffee, just a spoonfull and pour in the hot water, sweeten to taste and milk if required?????????????????????????? Or am I being a bit crude and tasteless.

Ken

I've heard of it, but I never believed anybody really did it! :)

wbvs58":3aaidtea said:

Ken

I've tried it but I couldn't drink it. It don't taste like coffee to me.

TCRanch":1iqrlqva said:
I drink a ridiculous amount of coffee & have a Calaphon. It has a timer but I don't get up at the same time every day so I stumble into the kitchen, hit "brew" and there's enough for my 1st cup within a couple minutes (has a pause feature). I almost bought a Bunn but I wanted (need!) 12 cups & Bunn only brews 10.

I keep a box of Folgers instant coffee in case we lose power (which we do at least a couple times a year). They're like big individual tea bags & taste horrible but better than nothing.

We drink cowboy coffee when the power goes out around here. You should try it while sitting by a fire enjoying the scenery.

wbvs58":f52m3fi4 said:

Ken
It's the starbucks syndrome. You have to spend a couple of bucks a cup to truly feel like you have had decent coffee.

We've been using Bunn for over 10 yrs now, both at home and the office. They are fast, as reported, consistent on taste, and they have a very good warranty. Costs around $100 and made in the USA!

I have a cheap Mr coffee with a timer I can set the night before. I never set it though cause I get up and around at different times

We have one like this, about $45 at walmart. Have been pretty happy with it. Brew into any cup that will fit on machine, we use a 16oz to go cup.
Use any coffee, has a reusable steel filter. Dont have to use the k-cups.

Latest posts