Coffee makers

Help Support CattleToday:

wbvs58":gk9wgc6v said:
M-5":gk9wgc6v said:
wbvs58":gk9wgc6v said:
And what about the cup you drink the coffee out of, any idiosyncrasies there. Our traditional fare is hot tea, just like the British our stockman traditionally boiled the "billy" for "smoko", poured in the tea leaves and all sorts of techniques to make the leaves sink like swinging the billy around in a circle above the head and then drunk black unsweetened tea in a battered old enamel pannicum that was not washed and had a permanent layer of tannuns lining it. When I was at university I worked as a delivery truck driver during my vacations and had to pick up from the railways, one time there an old fellow was bemoaning and looking for a young fellow to kill who thought he was doing good cleaning up the old blokes pannicum in the smoko room.

Ken

Ken, I didn't understand a word of what you just said but did try to read it in my best aussie voice . Gaday mate

Sorry I'll try and translate some.
- a "billy" is a tin can with a wire handle and hung over the fire to boil the water.

- stockman is a cowhand

- Smoko is morning tea or coffee break

- Pannicum is large enamel mug or cup.

- Old bloke is an old man.

Now read again and insert these translations in the appropriate places and see how you go.

Ken

Ahhh, That makes it a lot better, Its fascinating the words that other English speaking countries use , now that I have some new words I will confuse the heck out of some folks today .

M-5":6gqg153v said:
wbvs58":6gqg153v said:
M-5":6gqg153v said:
Ken, I didn't understand a word of what you just said but did try to read it in my best aussie voice . Gaday mate

Sorry I'll try and translate some.
- a "billy" is a tin can with a wire handle and hung over the fire to boil the water.

- stockman is a cowhand

- Smoko is morning tea or coffee break

- Pannicum is large enamel mug or cup.

- Old bloke is an old man.

Now read again and insert these translations in the appropriate places and see how you go.

Ken

Ahhh, That makes it a lot better, Its fascinating the words that other English speaking countries use , now that I have some new words I will confuse the heck out of some folks today .

Good onya cobber

Ken

Latest posts