Coffee roasting process

Help Support CattleToday:

Well, there's the normal way and there's this:

From National Geographic...

"Civet Poop Coffee

It's the world's most expensive coffee, and it's made from poop. Or rather, it's made from coffee beans that are partially digested and then pooped out by the civet, a catlike creature. A cup of kopi luwak, as it's known, can sell for as much as $80 in the United States."

So, picture little kennels with a pan of coffee beans and a sad, little, captive creature eating it and then somebody collects the poop. And they pay $80 a cup. Rich people are stupid.

The link:
https://www.nationalgeographic.com/news/2016/04/160429-kopi-luwak-captive-civet-coffee-Indonesia/

TennesseeTuxedo said:
I'll stick with Folgers.

Oh no please don't that is so horrible. 🤢🤮

I know some body that did the whole coffee roasting thing. Once you start drinking fresh roasted coffee and grind your own beans you won't ever drink enough cup of Folgers and be satisfied. Sounds weird for year I wouldn't do the grind my own beans seemed like to much more bs in the kitchen. It's not and it WORTH it!!!

If you drink fresh roasted coffee and have a favorite drop me the information. I'm always up for new coffee. I ❤☕

Chevy, that's my husband. He mourns the long lost days when his coffee was cheap and available at every grocery store. Now, he orders beans online and stresses about the condition of the road and whether they will come in time... :lol:

Me? No coffee. Decaf tea. I am an early riser and naturally wakeful. In fact, I think it's illegal in 15 states to give me coffee. Unless you want to peel me off the ceiling and fix the broken furniture. I stayed awake on long watches in the military by drinking water.

Son of Butch said:
Bright Raven said:
asha31 said:
What is the process of coffee roasting ?

Skip the request for donations.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coffee_roasting
Don't believe in paying/supporting services you use?

My intention was for asha31 to find the information they were seeking. Think of it like a traffic cop directing you around congestion. :nod:

Chevy said:
TennesseeTuxedo said:
I'll stick with Folgers.

Oh no please don't that is so horrible. 🤢🤮

I know some body that did the whole coffee roasting thing. Once you start drinking fresh roasted coffee and grind your own beans you won't ever drink enough cup of Folgers and be satisfied. Sounds weird for year I wouldn't do the grind my own beans seemed like to much more bs in the kitchen. It's not and it WORTH it!!!

If you drink fresh roasted coffee and have a favorite drop me the information. I'm always up for new coffee. I ❤☕

Shell, I like my Folgers and won't argue that you might be right, but why would I want to rock my happy little world when things are running at least somewhat smoothly in that category?

Tennessee tuxedo haha you are right there... if it's not don't fix it huh? Haha just trust me on this coffee thing. I trust ya'll definitely know way more than I ever will about cows and farming BUT TRUST me on the coffee. ☕☕ fresh roasted and grind your own beans is were it's at. Try it and if I'm wrong I'll buy your need can of funk I mean Folgers. I'm not talking about Starbucks either. 🤢🤮 I'm not white enough for that. 😁😂 (that's a silly joke don't mean no harm)

If anyone drinks a lot of coffee, I have 2 coffee grinders I could sell

These ain't your handheld, or even tabletop coffee grinders, they're 15 hp units!

Latest posts