coffee is ready, have a cup

Help Support CattleToday:

Don't mind if I join you Greybeard! Earlier morning than usual today, up and tending the chickens and checking the heifers about 3:30 this morning-making sure I make my planned 0500 departure for the Louisville Farm Machinery show. It was hard getting out of bed this morning 😂

Good Morning!
I can't seem to shake the habit of getting up early, but nothing planned..again.
(maybe if I reset the auto timer on the coffee pot to a later hour would help..)

decaf.jpg

Good Morning!
I can't seem to shake the habit of getting up early, but nothing planned..again.
(maybe if I reset the auto timer on the coffee pot to a later hour would help..)

View attachment 30774
Isnt it terrible to wake up knowing that you can sleep later. I tried to go back to sleep this morning but my body said time to Rise and Shine.

Isnt it terrible to wake up knowing that you can sleep later. I tried to go back to sleep this morning but my body said time to Rise and Shine.
I'm 55, and my body has certainly changed over the years. I once had to force myself to get up, but 6:00am is usually the latest I can lie in bed now. Any later than that, and it feels like I'm lying on a rock. I'm usually awake at 4:30 to 5:00.

Good Morning!

View attachment 30774
My Dad said he got up in the morning with nothing to do and by 10:00 he was way behind.

My Dad said he got up in the morning with nothing to do and by 10:00 he was way behind.
I have this problem. On days when I'm not working I wake up still fairly early and I have nothing to do so I loaf, sit around, have a beer and by the time it's time to do what I have to do I'm behind. I have fence to fix on our place at the creek bottom, I was going to look at some bred ewes, and I need to work my garden, but the kids decided they want to go to the rodeo so my day is a wash.

I'm 55, and my body has certainly changed over the years. I once had to force myself to get up, but 6:00am is usually the latest I can lie in bed now. Any later than that, and it feels like I'm lying on a rock. I'm usually awake at 4:30 to 5:00.
Good to see you back. You haven't been around for a while.

Good to see you back. You haven't been around for a while.
Thanks. I have slacked off in posting the last few months. School has been more demanding this year for some reason, and I haven't payed as much attention to the Internet; however, I retired from teaching at the end of the school year, so maybe that will change.

Went to bed at 11:00 up at 4:00 this morning, I wanted to sleep longer but couldn't, had to get up.
We had a really nice rain over night, just fertilized and renovated hay patches Friday and Saturday.
I waiting for day break so I can check cows, and maybe shoot a hog or coyote.

Question is though, can you take a nap after lunch though? My internal clock has adjusted to 4:30 am, but once I passed about 60 I'm able to grab a nap on weekends. Never could at a younger age.

Latest posts