coccidiosis or what ?

Help Support CattleToday:

sparky1

Reaction score
Had 400 lb calve die today after coming down with runny nose and blood spots in poop which I doctored 3 days. the last day it would not get up and pooped out what looked like parts of its insides.Was giving Corid drench, LA 200, nuflor, and banimine. what you'all think

You know, I had a goat kid come down with coccidiosis once, treated aggressively and still lost him.
I am not tying together the runny nose with the blood in his poop though.

Is it possible he ate something ~ hardware?
Was he ever wormed?

I had a calf die from coccidiosis, treated it with corid, ban, and baytril, it had very bad poops got a bit better ended up dieing from pnuemonia after a rain got a secondary infection, that coccidiousis is wicked stuff, lowers there imune system so much, sorry for your loss!

Sparky,that's what it sounds like. But I'm sure it had it before you noticed it. If it pooped out chunks of intestines . I would say yes. When a calf has the scours it should be treated asap. I start with electrolytes and a shot of antibiotic. I take a sample that day to the vet. You can't fix something if you don't know what it is. I keep them penned by themselves and keep their pen clean. I shovel up the mess and spray with a bleach solution. I haven't lost one yet to coccidiosis.

sparky1":yva5wyst said:
Had 400 lb calve die today after coming down with runny nose and blood spots in poop which I doctored 3 days. the last day it would not get up and pooped out what looked like parts of its insides.Was giving Corid drench, LA 200, nuflor, and banimine. what you'all think
Did the calf ever act goofy like it was drunk or maybe even retarded at any time before the blood?

Latest posts