CMA Awards....

Help Support CattleToday:

eric

Reaction score
I stopped down last night after the Maverick game and caught a few minutes of the Country Music Awards. Man, was I ever disappointed! While I admit country music isn't my preferred listening (most radio dials in my truck are set for sports talk / old R&R), I didn't know it had gotten that bad. It appears they have gone the route of the "pop music" , i.e. : it's better to look good in a white t-shirt and black hat then to actually have talent. Maybe I'm just old, but give me George Strait and Alan Jackson over any of these new guys coming up now. Ol' Hank Willaims must be turning in his grave hearing this new stuff.

And what's with this "Big and Dumb", are they a rap group or what? Does anyone really consider their music country? Is country music just about making cool videos nowadays?

I too was quite disappointed with Big and Rich. Their lyrics are awful and so id their music. I'm not sure what is country about them. Give me more of George Strait, Alan Jackson, Randy Travis, Rascal Flats, etc.

The thing that burns on me is that Toby Keith one of the most popular artists anywhere hasn't won any awards in years... he consistantly has good songs.... little biased are the judges?

While their vocals were pretty lousy, I like their whole cd. And, for the record, I am a huge fan of Hank Sr and Hank Jr. who were both "ahead of their time" as well. Not puttin them in the same category, just making the comparison. Martina McBride could not have been better, but she amazes me everytime.

I grew up listening to country and Classic R & R. Now its all classic R&R. Sorry but I cna't stand new country music any more.

Scotty

i like bit of garth brooks
lonestar al the way!!!
paul brant
alan jackson
and DOC WALKER
they are pretty new.
and what do you know they are prety much my neighbours
they are fom manitoba to and can put on a good show!!
seen them live once
was awsome

al

Fleckvieh DPB":3v20dqi1 said:
i like bit of garth brooks
lonestar al the way!!!
paul brant
alan jackson
and DOC WALKER
they are pretty new.
and what do you know they are prety much my neighbours
they are fom manitoba to and can put on a good show!!
seen them live once
was awsome

al
whose new huh

I only saw the last 30 minutes or so --- three thoughts came to mind: (1.) I still hate "rap" and its descendents; (2.) I'd like to spend some quality time up in the hayloft with Nicolette Sheridan and (3.) although I love his music, I sure wish Toby Keith wouldn't insist on dressing like some vagrant or curbside beggar for these national audiences!

on a similar note has anyone seen CMT's Sexiest Women and Men? and who picked some of these people? and why are some of them so highly ranked? anyway...

Everytime I have some idiot pull up beside me playing rap so loud I can feel the bass notes in my truck, through rolled up windows, I just want to put a slug through their speakers. I have been debating getting the biggest meanest bull that I can find and every evening turn rap music on for him and just whip the hell out of him. After a few months of whipping him and feeding him a little gunpowder I'll just turn him out at the edge of town and watch the nightly news.

JB

J Baxter":3ro953bp said:
Everytime I have some idiot pull up beside me playing rap so loud I can feel the bass notes in my truck, through rolled up windows, I just want to put a slug through their speakers. I have been debating getting the biggest meanest bull that I can find and every evening turn rap music on for him and just whip the hell out of him. After a few months of whipping him and feeding him a little gunpowder I'll just turn him out at the edge of town and watch the nightly news.

JB

I hear ya! Get one with Horns, so he can flip those little low riders over on their backs. Maybe paint a little graffiti on his side. Something like. "Natural born Rap Killer!

That song would be a lot better if they didnt make a video for it.

Latest posts