Academy Awards Boycott

Help Support CattleToday:

john250

Reaction score
So, some folks aren't going to the Academy Awards show, because the nominees would be hard to find in a snowdrift. This has given me an idea. I'm boycotting the NBA, because so few of the performers look like me (6'2", slow, a few extra pounds) I will not play in any NBA game until the league addresses this inequity and offers me a contract. negotiatons can start around $3 milion /yr with performance bonuses. It's ony fair.

john250":1tzpovsz said:
So, some folks aren't going to the Academy Awards show, because the nominees would be hard to find in a snowdrift. This has given me an idea. I'm boycotting the NBA, because so few of the performers look like me (6'2", slow, a few extra pounds) I will not play in any NBA game until the league addresses this inequity and offers me a contract. negotiatons can start around $3 milion /yr with performance bonuses. It's ony fair.

Mike hold out for a contract endorsing Converse All Star basketball shoes. That should be worth more than the roundball contract.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chuck_Taylor_All-Stars

This will go down in the record books as the high water mark for political correctness tyranny.

So if I own a company that makes highly sexual, exploitative films of my children and myself that means you are a racist if you don't like it. Because that is what we are talking about. The Smith's own their own production company that only makes movies for themselves. They have produced more than one exploitative production that has been widely criticized for the hyper sexual portrayal of their own children.

Years ago, after the kids were of age, I quit watching anything that was nominated for an Academy Award. Shortly after that, I quit watching anything that wasn't local news or ag related. I feel I am better for it. I hope the AW's boycott Jada Pinkett Smith and their production company. Wait.. they did. Maybe her and her Will should make something good enough to qualify!

When I think of the Smith's movie After Earth, it makes me realize how only a parent can think their newborn baby is cute.

john250":2iaj9hw0 said:
So, some folks aren't going to the Academy Awards show

Don't feel bad. I'll miss it too. What's worse is I am missing the Oscars, Emmy, and People Choice Awards too. Isn't there one or two more the actors pat themselves on the back for?

I can't even watch that stuff on television. Actors make millions playing like soldier boys. The real soldier boys are practically starving.

Hollywood wanted to make Duck Dynasty look like another Beverly Hillbilly show. Modern day. It backfired. They haven't figured it out yet. They want to control the lives of the real people too. Phil doesn't care if they fire him. That's what makes it so doggone funny.

Tune in to Extra, Extra. Entertainment Tonight. TMZ. Access Hollywood. Or any of the umpteen others. You'll get more than your rundown of who is who in hollywierd.

Finally someone agrees with me I have never watched the academy awards .... Why would anyone watch it.???

I never watch any of the awards shows. Why watch a bunch of people pat themselves on the back. And of course they control the media so they get to self promote their self promotion.

Caustic Burno":14o44881 said:
Did you see this bunch of yahoo's on the news in the name of Political Correctness.
I agree with your right to protest this is going to far.
I think we should have dropped them in Iran as American agents when and if they got home,
they would have a completely different view of the good ole USA.
http://www.contracostatimes.com/breaking-news/ci_29400389/oakland-marchers-commemorate-martin-luther-king-jr-rally

Does anyone know if they looted the shopping area at the end of the "maach"?

Latest posts