Clubby Bulls

Help Support CattleToday:

Well considering that Ali is dead and they have cloned him only once he WILL NEVER OUT SELL HEAT WAVE. Look at Ali on there and find any large shows that an ALI sired calf won.. Good Luck

*sigh* You aren't understanding what I am saying. Heat Wave has sired more calves than any other club calf bull therefore the chances of his calves winning are greater. Heat Wave was cloned to keep up with demand. Therefore Heat Wave was cloned because he made money. I could clone my darn dog 11 times, doesn't mean he is the best there is. Showing is about trends. You can't eat hair and you can't eat bone.

2009-SASS-Champion-Chi-Stee.jpg

07-NMSF-GCSteer.jpg

07-OKbeefexpo-SCHeifer.jpg

07-WisconsinSF-4thOverallSt.jpg

iasf-resstr.jpg

Ali-ChMainesteerResOverallS.jpg

All good calves

Snider_Angus":3r46u485 said:
Well considering that Ali is dead and they have cloned him only once he WILL NEVER OUT SELL HEAT WAVE. Look at Ali on there and find any large shows that an ALI sired calf won.. Good Luck

10-4. Ali was a good bull, but he never had any major wins. There's gotta be a reason that Heatwave has been bred to so many cows, could it be because he is that good, no, surely not.

Ok. I'm not saying that his calves aren't good. I'm saying he isn't as good as they're saying. And I can guarantee you that some of his progeny's wins have come from being the progeny of his sire.

Lets look at this differently. Angelina Jolie is apparently the most beautiful woman in the world. Do you agree?

i bet it took you a while to collect all those pictures!
DEMAND is = to quality! why and thehell would so many people breed a $hitty bull to all of their cows? He is the best there is no matter how many calves he has sired.and number of calves is relative to the quality of the bull. Say what you want. EVERYONE IS ENTITLED TO AN OPINION(but yours makes no sense to me or cowboy)

WHAT DOES ANGELINA JOLIE HAVE TO DO WITH ANYTHING WE ARE TALKING ABOUT? WE RAISE SHOW CALVES! Not hollywood starlets.

aussie_cowgirl":2p2yjqsz said:
You can't eat hair and you can't eat bone.

How many champion show calves do you think actually make it to the grocery store? Few to none. They won grand because they were good but that don't mean their edible. I personally would not eat a single calf that I raised because under that hide theres not much real calf left.

Actually ctrl+ f on lautner's winners page found me ALL of those pictures. 5 mins maybe. And that's all the pictures.

Demand = popularity
popularity =/= quality

Once again I AM NOT SAYING HEAT WAVE'S CALVES ARE BAD. I AM SAYING HE ISN'T AS GOOD AS HE IS TOUTED. Popularity is like a snow ball, nothing ever lives up to it's hype. If he was the best you would be using him to get your heifers, wouldn't you?

My example of Angelina Jolie was leading up to this. She is considered the most beautiful woman in the world. Does it mean she is? No. But everyone says she is. And so many people have posters of her and google her. So? Doesn't mean she is, she's just popular. And the principle works the same in cattle. Plenty 'best of the breed' AI sires fall short to some of their lesser known ones. And anyway, I thought you were breeding cattle to provide meat... or to provide sires who breed to make meat? No? Ok. I'd be interested to see the carcase values on Heat Waves progeny.

Cowboy 2.0":g6ku1jrx said:
aussie_cowgirl":g6ku1jrx said:

How many champion show calves do you think actually make it to the grocery store? Few to none. They won grand because they were good but that don't mean their edible. I personally would not eat a single calf that I raised because under that hide theres not much real calf left.

So what's the point?

Snider: Apparently not in the US... All our show steers here go on to be eaten and are judged on carcass qualities.

If all it takes to be a club calf winner is looks then man I need to move to the US and start breeding

Why would you use a steer bull to produce heifers? If Heatwave is hype then why after 9 years has it not died yet. Couldn't be because he is the most proven champion producing bull.

aussie_cowgirl":3rawaijp said:
Cowboy 2.0":3rawaijp said:
aussie_cowgirl":3rawaijp said:

So what's the point?

Snider: Apparently not in the US... All our show steers here go on to be eaten and are judged on carcass qualities.

If all it takes to be a club calf winner is looks then man I need to move to the US and start breeding

Better come with some deep pockets and better cattle. This is a whole diffrrent ball game over here. Over here we have to seperate contests, the show, and then the carcass show. We don't walk in the ring with our animals data strapped to it's neck. We let the experts worry about that after the show is over.

Snider_Angus":fkfm7kg0 said:
show steers are not bred to be eaten.

icon_roflmbo.gif
rofl1.gif

Cowboy 2.0":fkfm7kg0 said:
They won grand because they were good but that don't mean their edible. I personally would not eat a single calf that I raised because under that hide theres not much real calf left.

kudos to you for admitting it, but herein lies the fundamental problem with the US show steer circuit, and the reason it is ridiculed by so many.

Cowboy 2.0":2fs1cj9b said:
Why would you use a steer bull to produce heifers? If Heatwave is hype then why after 9 years has it not died yet. Couldn't be because he is the most proven champion producing bull.

To breed cows who will then breed steers...

Because the hype hasn't died. If you look at list of winners and they are all sired by Heat Wave are you going to go get some HW semen? Hell yeah! But, how did his progeny become winners, when there are other cattle better than it? Oh I know, popularity. How did he become popular? Because there were actually some good show steers out of him and people saw that and wanted some. Doesn't make him the best bull. Just makes him the most popular.

Heat Wave is the most influential bull in the Club Calf circuit. Doesn't mean he is the best.

Sounds like a play ground game better left to kids. I think I'll stick to breeding good cattle inside and out and use my shows as tools for promotion.

Cowboy 2.0":1j3gfbhz said:
aussie_cowgirl":1j3gfbhz said:
Cowboy 2.0":1j3gfbhz said:
Who said Angelina Jolie was beautiful??? :roll:

Oh everyone :roll: Thanks for proving my point. Who said Heat Wave is the best?

Statistics, nuff said.

Statistically speaking Angelina Jolie wins the most "most beautiful woman in the world" titles. Same thing bucko. Try again.

Keren":wirsmgd5 said:
Snider_Angus":wirsmgd5 said:
show steers are not bred to be eaten.

icon_roflmbo.gif
rofl1.gif

Cowboy 2.0":wirsmgd5 said:
They won grand because they were good but that don't mean their edible. I personally would not eat a single calf that I raised because under that hide theres not much real calf left.

kudos to you for admitting it, but herein lies the fundamental problem with the US show steer circuit, and the reason it is ridiculed by so many.

Personally I like it the way it is. No offese to the cattle that y'all show, but I don't find them one bit apealing. I don't want to show in a show based on the animals carcass data, there's no sport to it. Put an animal in the barn and feed it. I'm not saying genetics doesn't have a part in it though. I could pull a plain calf out of the pasture and feed it out and win an Australian show, but where's the fun in that. It takes a considerable amount of time and effort to feed a class winner much less a champion over here.

Latest posts