Clean Up Bull

Help Support CattleToday:

*************":r3x25ofb said:
Supa Dexta":r3x25ofb said:
*************":r3x25ofb said:
If the last post wasn't enough for you here is more. Imagine being a cow on Branded and hearing Bob Segar's "Come to Papa" playing while Big Wayne is approaching. LOL!

What in the h3ll are you going on about. This board gets stranger all the time.

It's only entertainment.
what part... :cowboy:

ALACOWMAN":2xoxov43 said:
*************":2xoxov43 said:
Supa Dexta":2xoxov43 said:
What in the h3ll are you going on about. This board gets stranger all the time.

It's only entertainment.
what part... :cowboy:

All of it..Ron posted the photo as a spoof, then it got traction, and now we are here. People were entertained, and that's what matters.

I could care less if it were said that the bull is so fat that if he tripped and fell down, that he would roll like a beach ball. I know the facts about him, because I work with him daily, he's all good.

I'd like to see what he looks like minus around 300 lbs. He's close to a bcs 8, but you don't add length and width when you add fat. He looks good to me just over conditioned.

TennesseeTuxedo":3c4k0fml said:
I'd be proud to own that bull but I seriously doubt he'd carry that much condition on our sorry pastures and little to no supplementation.

That is how Stone Gate breeds them. If you look at their program it's heavily geared toward $EN and DMI. Most of their cattle face harsh duty in Kentucky and West Virginia.

I'm sure if I took away all that he gets that he would drop down some in weight, but overall, he is big framed. As an analogy, I know people in town who are above 6 foot and 250 pounds, if they were to only eat salads and hit the treadmill twice a day, they are never going to 170 pounds and a 30 waist.

I've seen other Stone Gate bulls that have been worked VERY hard and they aren't the size of our bull, but they still hold up well. They breed a pretty hardcore variety of Angus with high efficiency traits.

I agree he is a good bull. He is definitely high 7+, maybe pushing 8. But, he does not have those big round fat pockets on the side of his tail head like all the Angus heifers getting shown out here. To me, it is disgusting to look at. He seems pretty evenly covered.
What is his actual FRAME score?

*************":21krez3n said:
TennesseeTuxedo":21krez3n said:
I'd be proud to own that bull but I seriously doubt he'd carry that much condition on our sorry pastures and little to no supplementation.

That is how Stone Gate breeds them. If you look at their program it's heavily geared toward $EN and DMI. Most of their cattle face harsh duty in Kentucky and West Virginia.

I'm sure if I took away all that he gets that he would drop down some in weight, but overall, he is big framed. As an analogy, I know people in town who are above 6 foot and 250 pounds, if they were to only eat salads and hit the treadmill twice a day, they are never going to 170 pounds and a 30 waist.

I've seen other Stone Gate bulls that have been worked VERY hard and they aren't the size of our bull, but they still hold up well. They breed a pretty hardcore variety of Angus with high efficiency traits.

Hey now! I'm that guy and you're right, I've dropped 20 lbs in the past 6 months but I'll never see even my college weight again much less 170.

Bright Raven":2mp1c9bd said:
ez14.":2mp1c9bd said:
Backbone Ranch":2mp1c9bd said:
Ah that makes more sense now. I was pretty sure that you were 100% AI and were using Simmental bulls, but regardless, he is a tank.
I thought he was just high! :lol: $10000 for clean up on the few he has? No way that would ever pay

I am cheap. A bull would have to defecate gold bricks before I would pay $10,000 for him.

You know, the bull that laids golden turds.

I have a friend in GA that runs in the Registered Herford Show Circuit and he is always talking about Bulls and Semen in the multiple Thousands of Dollars. He knows that I think they are crazy. Some of those numbers are that I will spend $25k at your sale and you spend $20k at my sale and it is all done with a "wink and a nod". The Herford Association has been that way for the last 40 years.

Jeanne - Simme Valley":39g7m88p said:
I'll bite, I have no clue "I'd bet the ranch very few know what osso bucco is."

My favorite part of osso buco is the marrow, does that count for knowing what it is?

sstterry":3ud445cx said:
Bright Raven":3ud445cx said:
ez14.":3ud445cx said:
I thought he was just high! :lol: $10000 for clean up on the few he has? No way that would ever pay

I am cheap. A bull would have to defecate gold bricks before I would pay $10,000 for him.

I have a friend in GA that runs in the Registered Herford Show Circuit and he is always talking about Bulls and Semen in the multiple Thousands of Dollars. He knows that I think they are crazy. Some of those numbers are that I will spend $25k at your sale and you spend $20k at my sale and it is all done with a "wink and a nod". The Herford Association has been that way for the last 40 years.

So what you are saying is that if a bull commands a high price, it's all basically a fraud? Hoover Dam sure doeant appear to have been the result of a few winks.

sstterry":kehhfp08 said:
Bright Raven":kehhfp08 said:
ez14.":kehhfp08 said:

. It is alive and well today. They will sell one average ET bull for a big pre arranged price then those who buy his brothers for 10,000 think they got a real bargain.

Hook2.0":c36h3msk said:
TennesseeTuxedo":c36h3msk said:
Jeanne - Simme Valley":c36h3msk said:
I'll bite, I have no clue "I'd bet the ranch very few know what osso bucco is."

Cross cut veal shank.

Says Google
He's a long long ways from veal

I was thinking more the holstien/freisian that was mentioned, nice long legs.

Latest posts