Clean Up Bull

Help Support CattleToday:

Hook2.0":38vm53e3 said:
I'm trying to figure out what the relationship between inyati and Branded is that he feels the need to pander, create stories, and talk the bull up.
Let the bull speak for itself.
Inyati started this thread because he has a fetish for fat cows. He has yet to demonstrate if that fetish carries over to "big boned" women.
Makes one wonder...

:lol:

Fat is where it's at. Obesity is beautiful. Apparently, what the American consumer wants is a steak with a small REA and a big glob of fat. :?

littletom":3ff0y776 said:
Whats on that one in the back ground? Looks like a milk cow collar or something.
It's where he attaches the anchor to slow the cow down, so the bull can catch up. :lol:

I feel highly confident that if you put our bull in with 20 healthy heifers or cows, he would settle them all in a 60 day window, and still look like a real stud.
Providing the females were within an acceptable BCS, cows ~40 days postpartum and it didn't take more than two days to travel an extremely rugged pasture horseback, I'd consider him a dud if he didn't settle 20 or more in a 45 day window. If he's done his job he'll look a little rough. Goes with the territory doncha know...pun intended.

76 Bar":hy6600bd said:
I feel highly confident that if you put our bull in with 20 healthy heifers or cows, he would settle them all in a 60 day window, and still look like a real stud.
Providing the females were within an acceptable BCS, cows ~40 days postpartum and it didn't take more than two days to travel an extremely rugged pasture horseback, I'd consider him a dud if he didn't settle 20 or more in a 45 day window. If he's done his job he'll look a little rough. Goes with the territory doncha know...pun intended.

I am highly confident you wouldn't get those results here. He might have a heart attack just walking up the hill to the pastures. He might survive being turned out here but It would be a serious weight loss program.

Well, what started out as a joke has become VERY SERIOUS. Our bull, AKA "Big Wayne" has been scrutinized to the Nth degree. I'm starting to wonder if I should trade him in at the yards for this guy.

I've heard a lot about "melting", but the only thing he melts is hearts.

You asked to see if Big Wayne has any moves, well, take a look at this video and you tell me....

https://youtu.be/QPJw0JuBmo4

*************":vtp74q62 said:
Well, what started out as a joke has become VERY SERIOUS. Our bull, AKA "Big Wayne" has been scrutinized to the Nth degree. I'm starting to wonder if I should trade him in at the yards for this guy.

I've heard a lot about "melting", but the only thing he melts is hearts.

You asked to see if Big Wayne has any moves, well, take a look at this video and you tell me....

https://youtu.be/QPJw0JuBmo4

James, relax. The point is that if you work the bull hard enough, he will melt, at least some!

I notice this winter, a couple of my cows have lost some weight. I fall calve and the hay this year is awful. Mine tests 8 percent protein. The County Agent has told me that hay tested lower this year because of the excess rain. Most of it over matured before it was harvested. When I wean and go back out on grass, they will become over conditioned and the cycle starts over.

I notice your bull on grain. I have to wonder if he needs that. If your pasture is like mine, he would probably still be over conditioned just on forage.

*************":xrvit1vh said:
If the last post wasn't enough for you here is more. Imagine being a cow on Branded and hearing Bob Segar's "Come to Papa" playing while Big Wayne is approaching. LOL!

What in the h3ll are you going on about. This board gets stranger all the time.

Going back to the Holstein & Jersey steers. The dairy breeds will marble better than Angus. And as a finished steer, yes the Holstein can look pretty good. But, your ribeye will be maybe half of what an Angus RE will be. I think yield of red meat in the form of steaks won't compare to an Angus, unless the length can make up for it.

Jeanne - Simme Valley":1gkisnxr said:
Going back to the Holstein & Jersey steers. The dairy breeds will marble better than Angus. And as a finished steer, yes the Holstein can look pretty good. But, your ribeye will be maybe half of what an Angus RE will be. I think yield of red meat in the form of steaks won't compare to an Angus, unless the length can make up for it.
I've often wondered what a Holstein would look like undressed. They sure look good on the hoof.

True Grit Farms":n0vf9gdc said:
Jeanne - Simme Valley":n0vf9gdc said:
I've often wondered what a Holstein would look like undressed. They sure look good on the hoof.

Plenty of osso bucco which is pretty much the best cut of beef you can get in my opinion!

Supa Dexta":3mj3rson said:
*************":3mj3rson said:
If the last post wasn't enough for you here is more. Imagine being a cow on Branded and hearing Bob Segar's "Come to Papa" playing while Big Wayne is approaching. LOL!

What in the h3ll are you going on about. This board gets stranger all the time.

It's only entertainment.

I am highly confident you wouldn't get those results here. He might have a heart attack just walking up the hill to the pastures. He might survive being turned out here but It would be a serious weight loss program.
Don't get too cocky. :lol: Home raised bulls pardon the pun took it in stride. Bulls from hot shot nationally known outfits that occasionally got on us thankfully wilted like yesterday's rose, covered in ticks & lice, shivering uncontrollably and essentially looked like death warmed over when we picked them up. :clap: Which is to say, horses for courses. ;-)
Can't figure out how to post pics of the environs or would do so.

Latest posts