Civil war

Help Support CattleToday:

Caustic Burno":3mn3sdiw said:
MistyMorning":3mn3sdiw said:
For all you beyotching and moaning about how terrible the state of the union is today and how we could be leading into a modern day civil war I will toss my two cents into the fray..... How could having a modern day civil war in any way shape or form be beneficial to our society? It's so easy to sit back in your puter chair and wax on and on and on about how terrible things are and yet is that the intent and spirit of an "AMERICAN"? We are the GREATEST country in the world! We are at war within ourselves, so why don't we all stand up and FIGHT FOR our country, work together, find workable solutions and quit expecting everyting to go our way NO MATTER WHAT YOUR POLITICS ARE!!!!!!!

That is simple the ideological divide has gotten so wide in this country.
No matter the issue there is no common ground between the conservative and progressive camp's.
We can't sustain the road we are on something has to rip or tear.
Secondly the media is adding kindling everyday, new's is distorted to reflect the view of the network broadcasting the "news". Just look at the media's view of the Tea party and the Occupy Wall Street.
Used to be new's was reported as "And that is the way it was" you decided.
Today it is being used as a brainwashing tool to change social and political attitudes.

I agree with you on the media, the distortion on both sides just serves to fan the flames of discontent. But "we" all need to be better than that in these times of discord. The conservatives and progressives have to learn how to be big kids and "settle" from time to time, we had to as children, one doesn't always get their way. It is increasingly hard to be an independent who loves her country.

Misty the problem boils down to one side want's to change the Constitution.
A major issue is in the last couple of generation's there has been nothing to align the sides but idealogy.
In previous generations there was an event that most had common ground on ie: they fought together in WWII lived through the Depression etc.
A democrat when I was a young man would be considered a Republican today that is how far we have slid to the left of center in my lifetime. Where the biggest problem come's in is we have been providing free feed at the trough of life to a segment of the population starting with LBJ's Great Society. This portion of the population has became ensalved to the slop in the trough. After Fifty years the chickens are coming home to roost.

in the end; the north won and the south lost and as long as that hangs over the south's head, people will seldom believe what is said to the contrary. :2cents:

MistyMorning":3c6qgpgt said:
Caustic Burno":3c6qgpgt said:
MistyMorning":3c6qgpgt said:
For all you beyotching and moaning about how terrible the state of the union is today and how we could be leading into a modern day civil war I will toss my two cents into the fray..... How could having a modern day civil war in any way shape or form be beneficial to our society? It's so easy to sit back in your puter chair and wax on and on and on about how terrible things are and yet is that the intent and spirit of an "AMERICAN"? We are the GREATEST country in the world! We are at war within ourselves, so why don't we all stand up and FIGHT FOR our country, work together, find workable solutions and quit expecting everyting to go our way NO MATTER WHAT YOUR POLITICS ARE!!!!!!!

No matter the issue there is no common ground between the conservative and progressive camp's.
Secondly the media is adding kindling everyday, new's is distorted to reflect the view of the network broadcasting the "news". Just look at the media's view of the Tea party and the Occupy Wall Street.
Today it is being used as a brainwashing tool to change social and political attitudes.

I agree with you on the media, the distortion on both sides just serves to fan the flames of discontent. But "we" all need to be better than that in these times of discord. The conservatives and progressives have to learn how to be big kids and "settle" from time to time, we had to as children, one doesn't always get their way. It is increasingly hard to be an independent who loves her country.

Misty your points are well taken. I fail to see distortion "on both sides", except for individual news commentators who are a bit extreme from time to time. Mainstream seems totally one sided to me. Then there are the things like the Second Amendment constantly being challenged and "interpreted" as if the folks who put it in did not understand its meaning. For Pete's sake, its been there all along and done its job just fine.

Level the playing field. For instance the electoral college. That is the very obstacle that ended reconstruction. Popular president did not get the office so they ended reconstruction as sort of a compromise.

backhoeboogie":349gwwnk said:
Misty your points are well taken. I fail to see distortion "on both sides", except for individual news commentators who are a bit extreme from time to time. Mainstream seems totally one sided to me. Then there are the things like the Second Amendment constantly being challenged and "interpreted" as if the folks who put it in did not understand its meaning. For Pete's sake, its been there all along and done its job just fine.

Level the playing field. For instance the electoral college. That is the very obstacle that ended reconstruction. Popular president did not get the office so they ended reconstruction as sort of a compromise.

As an independent who weighs all of the information available when making her political decisions I beg to differ with this statement of yours " I fail to see distortion "on both sides", except for individual news commentators who are a bit extreme from time to time".

But, that in the end is not my real point in any of this. My point, to try and make it more clear is that, we need to put aside our past, (I am well aware that history repeats itself) but it is time to move into our future as a country. It is a very different world now than our ancestors faced, the challenges are different, our needs as a country and society are different. It is time for AMERICANS to fight together for our future and quit squabbling over our past. We will have no one but ourselves to blame should we fail.

MistyMorning":sfyasmdb said:
Caustic Burno":sfyasmdb said:
MistyMorning":sfyasmdb said:

who are they??

backhoeboogie":3erut7ao said:
TexasBred":3erut7ao said:
Why did people support Hitler?
Hitler promised people what they wanted

And what does Hitler have to do with it TB?

You sure like to live by your rules and your rules only it seems.
My reply from last night seems to have disappeared Boogie, but in short, scroll back up and read Jogee's post. He was discussing Hitler. I simply responded to it. Good enough for you??

TexasBred":2qgrnjjs said:
backhoeboogie":2qgrnjjs said:
TexasBred":2qgrnjjs said:
Why did people support Hitler?
Hitler promised people what they wanted

And what does Hitler have to do with it TB?

You sure like to live by your rules and your rules only it seems.
My reply from last night seems to have disappeared Boogie, but in short, scroll back up and read Jogee's post. He was discussing Hitler. I simply responded to it. Good enough for you??

Its all good.

MistyMorning":zvha8mnk said:
backhoeboogie":zvha8mnk said:

As an independent who weighs all of the information available when making her political decisions I beg to differ with this statement of yours " I fail to see distortion "on both sides", except for individual news commentators who are a bit extreme from time to time".

But, that in the end is not my real point in any of this. My point, to try and make it more clear is that, we need to put aside our past, (I am well aware that history repeats itself) but it is time to move into our future as a country. It is a very different world now than our ancestors faced, the challenges are different, our needs as a country and society are different. It is time for AMERICANS to fight together for our future and quit squabbling over our past. We will have no one but ourselves to blame should we fail.

We lost the Alamo. We lost everyone. We read about Pearl Harbor and even how we boastfully paraded our fleet around the world which contributed to what happened. We're over it. No facts disputed.

I simply cannot condone lies, rhetoric, and ignore the facts about other issues, including the Civil War. We are indeed over it Misty. That's not the point at all. Read a dozen or so diaries for yourself. Look at the facts and then tell me they match the rhetoric still being shoved down people's throats.

Crissy, thanks for the link. It's interesting to see history as it really was. WAR IS HELL!

We will never fight together as long as half the country thinks society's needs should be met by taking for the working people and giving to the non working aka needy . I have a obligation to take care of me and my family . Not everyone else's . And if big gov. And big oil . Isn't stopped we are in trouble . They don't want to bomb Iran over nukes . Iran is building a pipe line to china to supply them with natural gas . Guess who is the biggest supplier right now ? Halliburton . All this drill baby drill stuff is stupid also . If they drill here the oil will be sold on the global market to the Highest bidder . Guess who ? China the same ones paying to dollar now .

JSCATTLE":3pznqy6z said:
We will never fight together as long as half the country thinks society's needs should be met by taking for the working people and giving to the non working aka needy . I have a obligation to take care of me and my family . Not everyone else's . And if big gov. And big oil . Isn't stopped we are in trouble . They don't want to bomb Iran over nukes . Iran is building a pipe line to china to supply them with natural gas . Guess who is the biggest supplier right now ? Halliburton . All this drill baby drill stuff is stupid also . If they drill here the oil will be sold on the global market to the Highest bidder . Guess who ? China the same ones paying to dollar now .

Who's fault is that the US government for devalueing the dollar and the EPA for putting so many regulations on corperations. Who did you elect in the EPA. It doesn't matter if it is Exxon or Walmart they are in the money business. If they can't make it here they are going to sale it somewhere else. That is like tax the Corperation they pay no taxes they collect them from you and I by passing on the increas in price. They have a profit margin and they are going to meet it .
You raise Wal Mart's taxes 20% tomorrow every product in the store is going up 20%. They have the option of expanding here or overseas.
Same thing you and I do with cow's or hay.
We haven't built a refinery in this country since 1974 nearly 40 years ago. Why? The EPA! I know of 10 torn down due to the EPA regulations Casper,Wy Sugur Creek Mo., Elderoda Ak. Neoadshia Ks, Wood River and several others .
Do you think there are fewer car's today. I remember when families had one car. Drive by the local high school parking lot today and look in front of your neighbors house.
For the first time in my lifetime we have a president trying to put American's out of work the Keystone pipeline, moretorium on drilling in the gulf put 10 of thousands out of work. Good paying jobs at that. For every job created in the oil industry 10 others are created to support the industry. We have a portion of society that want's cheap fuel but no drilling , coal, nuclear, or hydro electric. You can't have your cake and eat it to. All of these produce good paying American job's reducing the cost of energy while strengthening the US dollar.
The price of energy would start down tomorrow if we would start all of the above tomorrow.

CB, there's nothing you can do about it. Once upon a time I thought you could but, after paying a 25,000. fine, and about that much in lawyer fees and doing 5 years probation. I learned you do not assault a federal worker and his witness on your own land. The EPA is BS.

Caustic Burno":2tc8xy45 said:
Watch the news today and listen to the EPA's philosphy for dealing with American energy companies.
It is absolutely unbelievable.
I agree with your above post on the jobs . What I meant was the oil won't be kept here and there fore wont make our prices go down . I saw that guy last night on you tube talking about making a statement with regulations and fines . EPA has regulated the industry into the ground . They are the reason the refineries around us are always reworking their plants trying to keep up to code. China Japan ect. Will be the world powers in the next 15 years . USA will be a 3 rd world country that depends on everyone else to feed us .

Caustic Burno":1uhdinu3 said:
Watch the news today and listen to the EPA's philosphy for dealing with American energy companies.
Pay attention to CB, he know what he's talking about. :clap:

highgrit":27ddi2p5 said:
CB, there's nothing you can do about it. Once upon a time I thought you could but, after paying a 25,000. fine, and about that much in lawyer fees and doing 5 years probation. I learned you do not assault a federal worker and his witness on your own land. The EPA is BS.

They are the USA's version of Hitlers Gestapo they have unlimited power and we didn't elect one swinging pecker.
I dealt with them for years the things I saw would make you shake your head. They are absolutely trying to put this country out of business.
Did we need some enviromental reg's you bet for the guy's dumping stuff in lakes and stream's and etc versus proper disposal. They got to the point the just started writing their own laws. Gasoline and diesel prices are what they are today because of the EPA.
The Casper Wy refinery I spoke of the EPA wanted Amoco to spend a billion dolars to bring a little bitty refinery that made 20 to 30 million profit a year to code. Who in their right mind would, so they shut it down. The town lost tax revenue plus for every refinery job lost 9 other's were lost in the community.
Refineries, Powerplant's Nuclear Power Plants Hydro electric create 9 more community jobs for every one in the plant.
We manufacture nothing in this country anymore and no one is playing by the EPA rules but our dumb asses.

JSCATTLE":1484yohb said:
Caustic Burno":1484yohb said:
I agree with your above post on the jobs . What I meant was the oil won't be kept here and there fore wont make our prices go down . I saw that guy last night on you tube talking about making a statement with regulations and fines . EPA has regulated the industry into the ground . They are the reason the refineries around us are always reworking their plants trying to keep up to code. China Japan ect. Will be the world powers in the next 15 years . USA will be a 3 rd world country that depends on everyone else to feed us .

JSC an oil company wanted to double the size of a refinery in Indana they use cooling water off one of the great lakes they said it would raise the lake temp one tenth of one degree and nixed it.
Sunoco recently shutdown a large refinery it's Eagle Point NJ. and is selling out the two refineries it has left.
They stated they are getting out of the manufacturing business.
We used to have ten major oil companies competeing they have died off except for the Super Companies
Royal Dutch Shell owned by the Dutch, BP the Brit's Fina the French Citgo the Venzulians(sp) Exxon and Chevron American.
Amoco, Gulf, Texaco, Arco, Sinclair, are gone and I know I am forgetting a few other's. These were major player's and employers. It is not competition that killed them but regulation.

The Progressive's are absolutely destroying our way of life we can't even work kids or grandkids without big brother on the farm.

The Progressive's are absolutely destroying our way of life!

Well there it is in a nutshell!

Latest posts