Civil war

Help Support CattleToday:

TexasBred":xvvxzu7a said:
Caustic Burno":xvvxzu7a said:
Yep it's still operating they have clsoed down the plywood plant in Silsbee and the Paper mill in Lufkin.
They are building a pellet mill to make wood pellets to go to Germany. Most are excited as it is going to create about fifty full time job's here not counting the loggers. TB it has gotten so bad most of the logger's went bankrupt and you seldom see a truck on the road anymore.
Last time I was over in East Texas around Lufkin-Nacogdoches area the trucks I saw loaded with timer looked like they had 300 saplings on there trying to make a load. I guess they were going to just chip it or something because it was too small for anything else. Hate to lose all that virgin timber. Even when they replant with plantation pines it just ain't the same.

They want to log my place in East Texas. I have actually talked to a few. Not one wants to selectively harvest. ALL want to clear cut and they want to take out the old growth hickory right along with everything else. No dice. Now if they would quit sending me solicitations over and over everything would be good. I think they are hoping I get down on my luck - extremely hungry or something.

TexasBred":10jg1r01 said:
CB is the paper mill still in Evadale?? Use to watch hundreds of truck loads of virgin timber go by every day when I was working on a bridge gang just outside of town.
They closed the Saw mill in buna and the plywood mill in Bon weir also . When I cleared my land they took the saw logs to corrigan and the pulp wood to Louisiana . If it wasn't for Budweiser the mead westvaco in evadale would shut down .

TexasBred":10mz74a1 said:
Caustic Burno":10mz74a1 said:
Yep it's still operating they have clsoed down the plywood plant in Silsbee and the Paper mill in Lufkin.
They are building a pellet mill to make wood pellets to go to Germany. Most are excited as it is going to create about fifty full time job's here not counting the loggers. TB it has gotten so bad most of the logger's went bankrupt and you seldom see a truck on the road anymore.
Last time I was over in East Texas around Lufkin-Nacogdoches area the trucks I saw loaded with timer looked like they had 300 saplings on there trying to make a load. I guess they were going to just chip it or something because it was too small for anything else. Hate to lose all that virgin timber. Even when they replant with plantation pines it just ain't the same.

That is today's timber TB it is a shame.

backhoeboogie":2a40ix4i said:
They want to log my place in East Texas. I have actually talked to a few. Not one wants to selectively harvest. ALL want to clear cut and they want to take out the old growth hickory right along with everything else. No dice. Now if they would quit sending me solicitations over and over everything would be good. I think they are hoping I get down on my luck - extremely hungry or something.
Sort of like all those unsolicited offers to buy minerals. Hit you with a low ball over hoping you don't have a clue waht the real value is. haven't seen much select cutting in East Texas in a while. Everybody wants to clear cut as you said. But you can price it that way too. Make'em pay for everything. Amazing how you can get 3 different companies to price a tract of timber and one will say it's worth 50 grand and another say the same tract is worth 200 grand.

TexasBred":cxwtcu7t said:
backhoeboogie":cxwtcu7t said:
Sort of like all those unsolicited offers to buy minerals. Hit you with a low ball over hoping you don't have a clue waht the real value is. haven't seen much select cutting in East Texas in a while. Everybody wants to clear cut as you said. But you can price it that way too. Make'em pay for everything. Amazing how you can get 3 different companies to price a tract of timber and one will say it's worth 50 grand and another say the same tract is worth 200 grand.

I have a tract with Cherry bark Red Oak that is 60 to 70 feet to the first limb.
They use it for harwood floor's, I don't know how they find that stand.
I get offers all the time wanting that stand of timber.

JSCATTLE":2yxp76wl said:
I read today that the EPA 's top dog quit yesterday !! One step in the right direction .

Amen to that with his attitude.
In my life time I have seen the conditions go from bad to good to worse.
We had issues that needed to be addressed. An Agency that doesn't report to the people shouldn't exsist or be able to regulate and fine us.
We have cleaned up some messes we made with the growth of the most powerful and best nation on the earth .
Now it is trying to destroy us by doing away with cheap energy that made us great.
The common theme here is the major problems facing this country are driven by Progressives.
We seem to be able to keep the ticks off the dog all the while we are getting eaten alive by the fleas.

HC the problem is the pendulum has swung to far the other way.
There is middle ground that protect's the environment while providing job's.
The problem with the EPA is there are terrorist organization ran for a political agenda not the good of the
country. The EPA should not be able to write law's and regulations to fit a political agenda.
Congress should write the laws and answer to the people. The EPA is after the coal industry right now, we have more proven coal reserve's than anyone else in the world. Why? An agenda based on science that is not proven and no one else in the world is following. We are sending job's to India and China the jet stream over them will be here in a few hours and they are laughing their ass off. We have abundant energy reserves that we are not utilizing.
We won't drill in ANWAR and the Russian's are drilling their butt's off in the Artic circle.
Cuba is courting China to drill in water's off Fla. that ban's USA companies.
Watch the news today about politics in the EPA.

Caustic Burno":14yhsxpy said:
JSCATTLE":14yhsxpy said:
I read today that the EPA 's top dog quit yesterday !! One step in the right direction .

Amen to that with his attitude.
In my life time I have seen the conditions go from bad to good to worse.
We had issues that needed to be addressed. An Agency that doesn't report to the people shouldn't exsist or be able to regulate and fine us.
We have cleaned up some messes we made with the growth of the most powerful and best nation on the earth .
Now it is trying to destroy us by doing away with cheap energy that made us great.
The common theme here is the major problems facing this country are driven by Progressives.
We seem to be able to keep the ticks off the dog all the while we are getting eaten alive by the fleas.

It could be really bad too tho. We sued the EPA's tail off over CSAPR. They have exremely bad estimates and a whole lot of exagerated "shoot from the hip" data they used to pass regulations. The facts and data slapped them in the face. They are wrong. There is no way for them to hold up in court. In fact, it is proven that they have hurt the situation more than they have helped. We played by the rules and they stuck a knife in our back on top of everything else.

Maybe that is why he is resigning in the first place? We have not heard of the rulings yet. Perhaps he has inside info?

Edit: Here is a link with some info. http://www.clm.com/publication.cfm?ID=359 Or you can google to get different sides and info.

Latest posts