Civil War

Help Support CattleToday:

Caustic Burno":z9384hcw said:
TB you are full of more shyt than a Christmas turkey.
You are a total foreigner when it comes to this issue.
The largest slave trader in the country was a Yankee named DeWolfe.
Factories had nothing to do with it until the war the north economy was based on using children for slave labor in the factories,
the south in agriculture. It was all about seats in Congress that is all. There were no altruistic motives, as child slavery continued for
decades after.
The fatal mistake the south made was not invading the north until it was too late.

1. You mentioned the industrial revolution. The north had the factories to supply their army. The south did not....FACT CB.
2. The fatal mistake the South made was not being prepared for anything more than a 90day war. Neither side was geared up for a prolonged conflict, however, the North had the resources to quickly increase the size of the army, equip it and continue to equip it. The laid hundreds of miles of rail lines to resupply armies and the south did nothing.
3. It doesn't make a dam who the largest slave trader was. Fact is he was selling most of them to the southern states !!!!!

Now who's a$$ is the blackest?? You're a genius historian in your own mind CB but nowhere else. Sorry. :!: :!:

TexasBred":3k2t330i said:
Caustic Burno":3k2t330i said:
TB you are full of more shyt than a Christmas turkey.
You are a total foreigner when it comes to this issue.
The largest slave trader in the country was a Yankee named DeWolfe.
Factories had nothing to do with it until the war the north economy was based on using children for slave labor in the factories,
the south in agriculture. It was all about seats in Congress that is all. There were no altruistic motives, as child slavery continued for
decades after.
The fatal mistake the south made was not invading the north until it was too late.

1. You mentioned the industrial revolution. The north had the factories to supply their army. The south did not....FACT CB.
2. The fatal mistake the South made was not being prepared for anything more than a 90day war. Neither side was geared up for a prolonged conflict, however, the North had the resources to quickly increase the size of the army, equip it and continue to equip it. The laid hundreds of miles of rail lines to resupply armies and the south did nothing.
3. It doesn't make a dam who the largest slave trader was. Fact is he was selling most of them to the southern states !!!!!

Now who's a$$ is the blackest?? You're a genius historian in your own mind CB but nowhere else. Sorry. :!: :!:

You are so blinded by ideology you are clueless on most issues.
Actually he was selling most of them to your ancestors in Cuba.
Why don't you mention Federal troops shooting citizens in the streets in the North that backed the Souths decision.

Caustic Burno":1fm4js6x said:
Why don't you mention Federal troops shooting citizens in the streets in the North that backed the Souths decision.

No ideology old man. Just facts to refute you. You really need to expand your list of authors when studying the Civil War. Those that give historical facts and not biased opinion.

1. I have no ancestors in Cuba and never have had. (Screw you too)
2. Yes federal troops shot citizens.....citizens were shooting at them. Read about it !!!!
3. Who was the most abused. The 12 year old working the factories in the North and getting paid or the 8 year old pulling cotton from daylight to dark for no pay but a beating if he/she didn't meet their quota of cotton for the day??

You amaze me CB. I take a direct quote from a man acknowledged as one of the best historians on the Civil War with over a dozen books in publication and a pulitzer award to his credit, and you call it BS because you think "I" said it. Sorry son...you lose again.

TexasBred":f2qlg0xb said:
Caustic Burno":f2qlg0xb said:

No ideology old man. Just facts to refute you. You really need to expand your list of authors when studying the Civil War. Those that give historical facts and not biased opinion.

1. I have no ancestors in Cuba and never have had. (Screw you too)
2. Yes federal troops shot citizens.....citizens were shooting at them. Read about it !!!!
3. Who was the most abused. The 12 year old working the factories in the North and getting paid or the 8 year old pulling cotton from daylight to dark for no pay but a beating if he/she didn't meet their quota of cotton for the day??

You amaze me CB. I take a direct quote from a man acknowledged as one of the best historians on the Civil War with over a dozen books in publication and a pulitzer award to his credit, and you call it BS because you think "I" said it. Sorry son...you lose again.

You have anger issues.
Cuba, Central America, South America one in the same all colonized by the Spaniards or Portuguese
all built off the backs of slaves.
Are you mad the Indians copulated with the Spaniards or the Spaniards the Indians.
The Indians were the original slave traders on the North American continent right?
Then came the Spaniards .

Caustic Burno":2dtcl9fm said:
You have anger issues.
Cuba, Central America, South America one in the same all colonized by the Spaniards or Portuguese
Are you mad the Indians copulated with the Spaniards or the Spaniards the Indians.
The Indians were the original slave traders on the North American continent right?

Tell me something I don't already know...No anger here and I'm well aware of the Spanish colonization of central and south America as well as the Southern and western US. They enslaved most all of the natives of the countries as they took control of them long before bringing the African slaves in. I'm not mad about anything CB. I do know my mother was Quechua indian as were her ancestors and that dialect was the only language she spoke until he began learning english. I don't know that she "copulated" as you put it with anyone other than my dad. Now tell me about the flies that infested your family's buttermilk.

P.S. Did you ever decide which was worse. Children working in Northern factories for a salary or black slave children working in cotton fields from daylight til dark?? Let's stay on topic.

TexasBred":12nigyk2 said:
Caustic Burno":12nigyk2 said:
You have anger issues.

Tell me something I don't already know...No anger here and I'm well aware of the Spanish colonization of central and south America as well as the Southern and western US. They enslaved most all of the natives of the countries as they took control of them long before bringing the African slaves in. I'm not mad about anything CB. I do know my mother was Quechua indian as were her ancestors and that dialect was the only language she spoke until he began learning english. I don't know that she "copulated" as you put it with anyone other than my dad. Now tell me about the flies that infested your family's buttermilk.

P.S. Did you ever decide which was worse. Children working in Northern factories for a salary or black slave children working in cotton fields from daylight til dark?? Let's stay on topic.

You must be eat up with SMS
I would say the ones who had it worse were the starving malnourished ones that had a low percentage
chance of reaching adulthood.

Caustic Burno":385t6hjk said:

You must be eat up with SMS
I would say the ones who had it worse were the starving malnourished ones that had a low percentage
chance of reaching adulthood.[/quote]

Yeah that would be the slave kids that survived birth...about 50%....then were starved the rest of their life.

You'll have to explain SMS. Not in my vocabulary.

ga.prime":257gpyhz said:
You two must be brothers.

No Way!
TB is a closet democrat I am pretty sure, as he can't be Southern bred or conservative and have his love
for federalism that he does.
The only others that have such federalist views are welfare recipients, I don't think he is on welfare.

SMS Short Man Syndrome.

Caustic Burno":3njqtu3b said:
ga.prime":3njqtu3b said:

No Way!
TB is a closet democrat I am pretty sure, as he can't be Southern bred or conservative and have his love
The only others that have such federalist views are welfare recipients, I don't think he is on welfare.

SMS Short Man Syndrome.
And CB is a closet bigot with extreme leanings toward KKK membership. Don't know if he carries the card or not.

For what it's worth I've never voted for a democrat/liberal in my life but I'll forever be grateful that the Union won the Civil War regardless of how many ancestors may have fought on one side or the other.

TexasBred":3tu9nvqu said:
Caustic Burno":3tu9nvqu said:
ga.prime":3tu9nvqu said:

No Way!

SMS Short Man Syndrome.
And CB is a closet bigot with extreme leanings toward KKK membership. Don't know if he carries the card or not.

For what it's worth I've never voted for a democrat/liberal in my life but I'll forever be grateful that the Union won the Civil War regardless of how many ancestors may have fought on one side or the other.

I guess I can expect more cursing me out again.
I don't need blood pressure medication or the need to get vulgar when someone disagrees with me.
You just see history or any other issue from one side yours.
I not a closet anything if you want my opinion just ask, you might not like the answer.
Can't be Klan as that is a democratic organization and I don't like white pointy hats either.
As far as the Inca's, Aztec, etc go they were just the whores and slaves of the Conquistador just like all the
other Central American Indians that had anything worth taking. All those cultures have been screwed up since the
Spanish invasion. A campaign of rape, pillage and plunder for king and church left a mark of corruption still to today.

Caustic Burno":3itwmol7 said:
I guess I can expect more cursing me out again.
I don't need blood pressure medication or the need to get vulgar when someone disagrees with me.
You just see history or any other issue from one side yours.
I not a closet anything if you want my opinion just ask, you might not like the answer.
Can't be Klan as that is a democratic organization and I don't like white pointy hats either.
As far as the Inca's, Aztec, etc go they were just the whores and slaves of the Conquistador just like all the
other Central American Indians that had anything worth taking. All those cultures have been screwed up since the
Spanish invasion. A campaign of rape, pillage and plunder for king and church left a mark of corruption still to today.
Possibly you might. Guess you didn't like being called a pharisee you took it like a scared rabbit. And CB opinion is all you have and all you have ever had. You can back up very little of your historical brilliance with anything other than opinion and BS.

As for whores you seem to know much more about them than I. As for the pillage and plunder it seemed to be the norm for all invading forces in all ages in all areas.

Latest posts