Christmas Songs

Help Support CattleToday:

jedstivers":2bego0ta said:
Angus Cowman":2bego0ta said:
I am SCROOGE in the commercial sense
I will buy my 15yr old daughter a present and the grandkids each get a present and that is it
I hate all this commercial stuff and could care less about christmas in the commercial sense
so yes I am SGROOGE
as for presents
the grown kids we get things they need for them thru out the yr or give them a little money thru out the yr to help them out a little so they get nothing for christmas
The wife has me what more could she want pkus I bought her a new Discbine for her
b-day last yr so How could I ever top that
and there is not much I need or want anymore
You also got her a brand new Do-All this year too. She just don't know how luckly she is.
Yep I sure did
she was telling Jed how much she loved the Do-all when we were down there for Turkey day :nod: :nod:

upfrombottom":plihj3h9 said:
Angus Cowman":plihj3h9 said:
the grandkids each get a present

From the time I was a little kid, untill I was grown with my own kids, my grandmother bought everybody a bundle of socks. When I was a kid, it was in a way disapointing, as a teen ok, but wrong style, and as a grown up a joy and nessessity. It was always fun to ask each other what we thought grandma had got us for Christmas, until one year she surprized everyone with a pair of gloves. I remember looking around the room at all the different expressions and wondering if everybody else was sitting there with toeless socks the same as me.

I had a Great Aunt that sent me a pair of socks every year at Christmas. Disappointing when I was a child, but I grew to appreciate the thought as I grew older. She died on Christmas Day in 1980 at the age of 90. About two weeks later the socks arrived. Turns out another family member who was helping go through her things had found 36 pairs of socks and a list of all the great nieces and nephews they were to go to. My Great Aunt had fallen ill before she had a chance to mail them so someone else completed the task. I still have that last pair.

Latest posts