Cheap rear Tractor tires

Help Support CattleToday:

skyhightree1

Reaction score
Anyone know where I can buy cheap rear tractor tires ? The tractors I buy fix up and resell if I put name brand tires on some my profits gone so looking for cheap rear tires that I can order online any names would help.

skyhightree1":1crol5ht said:
Anyone know where I can buy cheap rear tractor tires ? The tractors I buy fix up and resell if I put name brand tires on some my profits gone so looking for cheap rear tires that I can order online any names would help.
No such thing, tires are expensive and more expensive.

That's the problem with buying old tractors. If you have to replace all 4 tires you have more in them than the tractor is worth.

True Grit Farms":3n0990a9 said:
skyhightree1":3n0990a9 said:
No such thing, tires are expensive and more expensive.

I found a site that you buy direct from China and there 1/4 of the cost but not sure I'd like that

You might check on e-bay. I bought a pair of 14-9 24 there for $190 each. added tubes for another $90 and shipping of $165. Came out about the price of one tire if bought locally.

Simple tire, I haven't bought any tractor tires from them, but other stuff, trailer, truck are very reasonable and fast shipping to me.

A lot of tractors have two big batteries that are not cheap either. Then there can be fuel related problems. You sure can throw a lot of money to try and fix that also. I always wanted to buy and restore a couple of tractors like my dad had when I was little, but it is not going to happen. I looked for a while for a Ford Major Diesel and a Massey 65 diesel with power steering to restore. I figured real quick I would easily get more in them than they would be worth. Parts are way to high.

I attended a couple pretty large machinery auctions recently and tractors went pretty low I thought, but just a few problems and you have a lot of money in them. If they were low hours and good shape they sold well.

jltrent":234rqjwy said:
A lot of tractors have two big batteries that are not cheap either. Then there can be fuel related problems. You sure can throw a lot of money to try and fix that also. I always wanted to buy and restore a couple of tractors like my dad had when I was little, but it is not going to happen. I looked for a while for a Ford Major Diesel and a Massey 65 diesel with power steering to restore. I figured real quick I would easily get more in them than they would be worth. Parts are way to high.

I attended a couple pretty large machinery auctions recently and tractors went pretty low I thought, but just a few problems and you have a lot of money in them. If they were low hours and good shape they sold well.

Completely agree I pick and choose my battles I mostly fool with old Ford's mostly 8-9ns and Cubs those parts aren't too bad but if I get it cheap enough I'll try it.

hurleyjd":baujza6q said:
You might check on e-bay. I bought a pair of 14-9 24 there for $190 each. added tubes for another $90 and shipping of $165. Came out about the price of one tire if bought locally.

X2 Some of the cheap Chinese tires prices on EBay will amaze you at times.

skyhightree1":aaqscgdb said:
jltrent":aaqscgdb said:

Completely agree I pick and choose my battles I mostly fool with old Ford's mostly 8-9ns and Cubs those parts aren't too bad but if I get it cheap enough I'll try it.
Smart man...agree with your statement you have to get them cheap. I use to buy some guns cheap and could resell for a little, after the Sandy Hook shooting forget that.

You might try Tuckers tire in Dyersburg TN. They sell a lot of tractor tires and ship them anywhere pretty reasonable.

Latest posts