Charolais pics before weaning

Help Support CattleToday:

Dubcharo

Reaction score

Heifer calf from Dubuc Duro (MVY Xplorer son)

Svy Grizzly 521C

Lt Bridger 9191

Wr Wrangler W601 and Dubuc Casanova (Wr Wrangler son)

Cow Virgil, calf Svy Grizzly 521C

Lt Bridger 9191

We don't get to see enough of your animals. Did you have very many sets of twins this year. If I remember you had quite a few sets last year or maybe the year before.
Looks like you have had a good grazing season? Did you get alot of rain?

farmerjan":3d3hm4p4 said:
We don't get to see enough of your animals. Did you have very many sets of twins this year. If I remember you had quite a few sets last year or maybe the year before.
Looks like you have had a good grazing season? Did you get alot of rain?

We had 3 pairs last winter and lost 1 pair (abort 1 month before calving date).

It was dry here in June and July but since we have rain regularly. Hay crop is less than normal but corn silage is very good.

Some nice animals! I wish we wouldn't live in different continents. :) That bull calf in the third photo looks so promising. Can't remember seeing a similar animal around here. Really nice quality!

Very nice looking Charolais. I don't know anything about the current bloodlines of the breed but several years back Bulls owned and or bred by the LT program worked well for us.

Some numbers: 64 females weight average is 733lbs at 253 days, daily gain of 2.5lbs and 51 bulls average is 815lbs at 242 days, daily gain of 2,96lbs.
Females were creep fed on August and September with oats and bulls with oats and corn since July.

We sell private treaty around 20 bulls each year. We castrate near 10 for feedlots (the big ones, some horned, etc). We have a market for meat, they want lean beef so a charolais not castrate is what they want, no heifers, too fat.

Latest posts