Charolais Cow 3 Way Cross

Help Support CattleToday:

Since we are talking about Charolais crossing....this is a Charolais heifer that we just had out of a Solid black cow. I think you guys will like it.

The thing about this heifer calf is if you breed it to a Black Angus bull the calf will be black and if you breed it back to a Charolais it will probably be white. That makes a good cow in my book.

Big Cheese":1x298yl8 said:
The thing about this heifer calf is if you breed it to a Black Angus bull the calf will be black and if you breed it back to a Charolais it will probably be white. That makes a good cow in my book.

With a Charolais probably white, gray or yellow. With an Angus bull probably gray or black. Not completely obvious.
It can still become a good cow of course, because that has little to do with colour.

I said that because we have another heifer that is the same as her. She is a yellow cow that came from a Charolais bull on Black Cow and she had her first calf last April and it was black as the Ace of Spades. She was bred to a Black Angus. This time she is going to be bred to a Charolais so we will see. My prediction is white or yellow.

If I could find a good source of Angus/Charolais cross mamma cows I'd be ahead of the game.

I hope to have my mind made up and seed stock sources by the end of the year.
I HAVE A FEW OF THESE EVERY YEAR IF YOU ARE STILL INTERESTED.

LOOKING FOR INPUT ABOUT WHAT IS OUT THERE NOW IN 2021, FOR CHAROLAIS CROSS INFORMATION AND WHAT EVERYONE THINKS. THANKS IN ADVANCE AND PLEASE SHARE.

Latest posts