Charlois / Brahma cross

Help Support CattleToday:

junofarms2

Reaction score
We live in south alabama, I have some cross bred cows but mostly Charlois Brood stock and a good Charlois Bull. My wife loves Brahma cattle Well I bought one for her, she is bred with Black Angus Bull, hasn't calved yet. My question is does anyone think that a Charlois / Brahma cross would be profitable? I know everyone thinks that Brahma are hard to handle, this one you can handle and , nothing but a pet, we do mess with ours alot so the herd is gentle.
Brian

junofarms2":21y03tcl said:
We live in south alabama, I have some cross bred cows but mostly Charlois Brood stock and a good Charlois Bull. My wife loves Brahma cattle Well I bought one for her, she is bred with Black Angus Bull, hasn't calved yet. My question is does anyone think that a Charlois / Brahma cross would be profitable?
  • I know everyone thinks that Brahma are hard to handle
, this one you can handle and , nothing but a pet, we do mess with ours alot so the herd is gentle.
Brian
not every one thinks their hard too handle but that cross calf could be. you will more than likely have too much frame on the calf and their he!! too put weight on...these are some of the best cross's in my opinion herf/bra..simm/bra...angus/bra charlaios/ brangus hereford/gert herf/brangus.... simm/brangus simm/gert just to name a few

Should be a good cross. Charbray is 5/8 Charolais and 3/8 Brahman. If she has a heifer just breed her back to Charolais and that'll still give you 1/4 Brahman.

The bull is young he little over 2 and good conformation, the only brahma I got is gentle, have to wait for the calve and then breed her when she comes in. The wife wants to raise the Charbray, but not sure we can, have to wait to see how we can manueaver it to do so. I don't want to chnge bulls he come out of champion blood.

I have a friend that I help work his cattle. One of his best cows is a charlaios/gert, she is long, deep sided, a heck of a momma cow, but if you put her in the pen you better watch out, she is big enough that if she puts her mind to it, she is going to do through it, including you. He just recently purchased a Grey Brahma bull, which is a pet. You can rub his head and he like to play, but here is the scary part, when I am 6 feet tall and I have to stand up from the riding position of a 4-wheeler to look him in the eye. I will try to take a picture of him.

We had a Char X brammer cross and he was literally the biggest bull I have ever seen. He was massive, but he threw the little calves that grew like weeds. he was easy to handle to boot.

I am planning on buying 15-20 char pairs next spring, and i breeding them all to a full blood brahman. I will keep the best bull calf to use on the commercial herd

Brahman bulls are from Mars, Brahman cows are from venus.
Brahman bulls are 95% laid back and docile. The ladies are, however, 100% "twitchy".
B.

brianna":1a5shjgn said:
Brahman bulls are from Mars, Brahman cows are from venus.
Brahman bulls are 95% laid back and docile. The ladies are, however, 100% "twitchy".
B.
why not put a beefmaster on your char cows.that should throw the kind of calves you want.since your wanting some brimmer in the calves.

Latest posts