Charbray?

Help Support CattleToday:

I have had a sprinkling of charbray cows over the years. They were all pretty good. I've never had a bull. A friend of mine has a small registered herd of Charolais. All ai that sort of thing. I guess his bulls are worth what he ask for them, but I can't afford one. He breeds a couple of his cows to a brahma bull every year. He has a customer that will take both calves every year, in hopes of a bull.

20 years ago I misspent a few seasons on a ranch in AZ. They used Charbray and Braford bulls.
They really got out and used the country and they really gained well.

A few people had them out here for awhile. Good rugged cattle that pound the scales but they were slow to breed back and it was hard to get the heifers cycling to breed at fourteen months.

I need to stop reading these discussions lol. I see something else I didn't really know about before and then I have to research it for hours and see if I think it would ever work for me down the line.

Xempt":180tzur5 said:
I need to stop reading these discussions lol. I see something else I didn't really know about before and then I have to research it for hours and see if I think it would ever work for me down the line.
It'll drive you nuts, won't it? It's real bad for me as I'm a genetics salesman for a living so I get semen catalogs from just about every company that has a straw for sale. I would have a whole lot more spare time if I could just assume that angus really was the one breed that can do it all. :lol:

I like Charbray cows but the bulls that I have been around were mean they were a pain in the butt to work run you up the fence every chance they got but always had nice calves so I guess if you found one that didn't act a fool he would be good

Latest posts