Cell Phone

Help Support CattleToday:

Caustic Burno

Reaction score
Mine dove in the lake yesterday.
Unbelievable what you have to go through to get everything lined back out.
Where I live there are no land lines anymore. If you don't have cell you are without phone service.

It was kind of comical in a way.
Phone fell off the console in the boat. It had an otter box protector. It landed on the point bounced two feet in the air and dove overboard.
Boat wasn't under way other than troll motor . Fishing partner and I just watched in disbelief as it went to the bottom of Sam Rayburn.

Mine dove in the lake yesterday.
Unbelievable what you have to go through to get everything lined back out.
Where I live there are no land lines anymore. If you don't have cell you are without phone service.

It was kind of comical in a way.
Phone fell off the console in the boat. It had an otter box protector. It landed on the point bounced two feet in the air and dove overboard.
Boat wasn't under way other than troll motor . Fishing partner and I just watched in disbelief as it went to the bottom of Sam Rayburn.
I got a new phone a week ago and still trying to get things loaded back on it.

We are the other way around. Land line because there is no cell service here. We had an issue with service last summer. When the company repair man was here I said something like very few people with land lines. He said you would be surprised. There is a commercial I think for Verizon tell how much area they service. A map of the USA which is mostly colored red. Except eastern Oregon which is blank. Big area with very few people and no cell service.

You have my sympathy been there done that three times. One time phone in jacket laying on the ground ran over it with tractor wheel. Went to ATT they jerked the sim card out and tossed it in a slot I said why my phone numbers were on that card. New phone start over again. Next time went in the water trough and had to get a new one Grandson working at ATT opened the old damaged phone removed sim card and installed in new phone good to go like it was before. The last was phone was damaged by water while rescucing a calf that had fell through the ice. Finally got this one up and running again but really do no like it have to open the little flip phone and my fingers are not as senstive and as when younger so I drop it a lot.

A open rops jd skid steer is made to loose phones. It slides off the little shelf hits the floor and goes out the clean out hole between your feet. Gets mine a couple times a year. I get my go phone and call the wife. She goes to the Verizon store. You gotta go to real one. There's a difference in a store that sells Verizon and a real Verizon.(don't ask me)
But it takes about 30 minutes not counting the drive and a couple hundred dollars and new phone all my crap is in it.

Does Verizon work well in that area?
All our 'devices' (phones/laptop/desktop computer) are Verizon or get internet from them. Nothing else (ATT/Sprint/Cellular etc) works here so I hope Verizon is the main provider out there too.

If it is an android, and you have the backup settings on, it should be mostly automatic. I got a newer phone a couple of weeks ago and everything transferred on it's own except the pics.

Yup. I had a new one turned on a few weeks ago. They used a cable to c0nnect my old one to the new one at the store and transferred everything over.

Does Verizon work well in that area?
All our 'devices' (phones/laptop/desktop computer) are Verizon or get internet from them. Nothing else (ATT/Sprint/Cellular etc) works here so I hope Verizon is the main provider out there too.
I've always had Verizon so not much to measure against. But seems as good as any. West of lampasas there's dead spots but they're small .

My wife pushed me into a swimming pool back in 2008. Fully clothed, wallet and phone in my pocket.

I"ve had this phone almost a week and still figuring it out. I stayed with the local carrier I had been using, service can be spotty to nonexistent depending on the location and carrier so stayed with what I knew. I got the wife one too and she has almost forgave me for making her learn something new.

I've always had Verizon so not much to measure against. But seems as good as any. West of lampasas there's dead spots but they're small .

I've always been with Verizon also, going back before it was Verizon and we had a bag phone in my wife's car (when she was pregnant with our daughter, who turned 27 last month). For years when I'd get somewhere past Port Lavaca on the way to Port O'Connor the clock would suddenly be off by an hour, and stay that way until I reached the same spot going home.

On an Android phone, go to Settings, Google, Backup to backup data to Google servers. You will either need to enable backup over the mobile network (will use a lot of data) or need to be connected to Wi-fi with the phone plugged into a charger for an extended time. Thats my understanding.

Latest posts