Cell Cameras

Help Support CattleToday:

Reaction score
We started running some cell cameras on water troughs and things this past year. It's pretty cool and has been very handy. It's surprising what you can tell about new calves, bulls still there, etc. Plus, there are some pretty cool wildlife pics also. With fuel and vehicle prices plus the time... I think they definitely pay for themselves.

I had this pic pop up today. I like those white faces... especially on them red ones.😄 It's funny how they will come in a group. They were raised together. Then a group of tigers will come through that were raised together. So on and so on.

ae999075-27dc-427e-ad9c-8af4b5d12939.jpg

Another from the begging of them month. We were waiting for calving to kick off and this pic popped up. It was a good feeling. How many calves do you see? LoL

They continued to come together for several days until more started having calves.

View attachment 28078

I see two calves. Crazy how the white cow had such a dark baby...

Brute, what is involved with your setup, do you have photos of your equiptment?

Ken
I run a brand called Tactacam. I have 3 and the ranch has 3. The camera with the external battery/ solar panel runs about $350. They do have cheaper options, thats just the one we use. The unlimited data plan for 1 yr at a time avgs about $100 a year, per camera. They use Verizon or AT&T. They have excellent customer service and step by step instructions to set the cameras up. Every thing is controlled off their app that you download. The pictures, settings, etc is all on the app.

Latest posts