Cell Phone

Help Support CattleToday:

I only have phone no.s stored on my phone and I think they stay with my sim card now. The main reason I get a new phone, tablet or computer is that I want to start afresh and get rid of all the $hit on it. These days all this stuff seems to jump across to the new device through wifi or bluetooth or what ever it is and then I'm back to where I started. Might as well have stuck to the old device.
My mate bought a new tablet and got the shock of his life when he saw photos and video of him with a young lady after a "business trip" to the Phillipines had been transferred over automatically.

Ken

I've always been with Verizon also, going back before it was Verizon and we had a bag phone in my wife's car (when she was pregnant with our daughter, who turned 27 last month). For years when I'd get somewhere past Port Lavaca on the way to Port O'Connor the clock would suddenly be off by an hour, and stay that way until I reached the same spot going home.
You must work at Formosa. BIL lives in Point Comfort.

I need a new phone in the worst way. And I have every intention of having the sales reps at Verizon earn their commission by transferring everything, setting it all up, essentially zero maintenance on my part. I don't have grandkids close enough to do it all for me!

I do the same thing, including letting them install the glass screen cover.

Little different subject but do any of you have this phone:

Cousin is going to get this phone. My husband needs a different phone. He won't have anything but a flip phone. The 5G bothers me. Also he wants a phone that merely says out loud who is calling. When the phone rings he wants it to say "call from _________" then he knows whether to take the phone out of his shirt pocket or not. (He hates phones). The one he has was supposed to do that, but when the voice is activated, there are other things that you hear that is just plain aggravating. It's like it never shuts up! And the "Call from __________" is said really fast, so it's hard to catch the name. As a consequence, he doesn't use the voice activation. Very disappointing. It's a https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08C6YB4LY/?tag=cattletoday00-20

It's really tough. It is also very bulky and he really doesn't like it. I'm going in today to see if I can find a phone with the voice activation like his old Samsung that was just perfect except it was 3G and no longer works here. Besides the hinges were worn out.
So if you have any suggestions on a flip phone that has the voice feature that says "call from _________" please let me know.

Last edited:
I do the same thing, including letting them install the glass screen cover.
I should have put a screen cover on mine sooner, it slid down beside my pickup seat and scratched a small spot. Not a big deal, I buy a cheaper phone because it's at risk for damage as soon as I touch it.