Bad Phone Calls

Help Support CattleToday:

True Grit Farms":30pbl4kc said:
Dang it, every day we get closer to the finish line. Three more days and my dad will be working on 92.

One thing is for sure, nobody is gonna get left out. We are all gonna get our turn.

Caustic Burno":1xiifqeo said:
Just got one said I better get to Lufkin in the next few days. First cousin is getting ready for an address change.
That leaves two of us now in that generation on moms side.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=zsSlp-g7JJc

CB,

Literally everyone of us comes in to the world the same way. Most seem to forget that there is also some type of a hole waiting for us somewhere in the world.

What we do in the middle is what matters.

Be safe, be happy and be strong - because someone in your family will need all of that over the next little while.

All the best to your house from mine.

One of my old aunts was buried two weeks ago in Bolivia. She was 96. Her husband is still alive and is 98. He has a younger sister 95 and a baby brother that just turned 90. My mom died at 93. That rare pure high altitude air and a good diet must have something to do with it. No matter how long they lived, just like those old folks in the good book final line is "and then he died".

TexasBred":jt3d1jc1 said:
One of my old aunts was buried two weeks ago in Bolivia. She was 96. Her husband is still alive and is 98. He has a younger sister 95 and a baby brother that just turned 90. My mom died at 93. That rare pure high altitude air and a good diet must have something to do with it. No matter how long they lived, just like those old folks in the good book final line is "and then he died".

Maybe chewing those coca leaves has its benefits. Lol

Sad news CB.

slick4591":1v4hrjip said:
The longer we live the more funerals we attend. Sorry for your bad news, CB.
Yep one bad thing about being the youngest grandkid on both sides, if you live long enough you get to bury all your family.

[/quote] Yep one bad thing about being the youngest grandkid on both sides, if you live long enough you get to bury all your family.[/quote]

CB,

If you do it right it can also be an honor.

Somehow I suspect that you do indeed do it right.

Be safe,

L

Yep one bad thing about being the youngest grandkid on both sides, if you live long enough you get to bury all your family.[/quote]

CB,

If you do it right it can also be an honor.

Somehow I suspect that you do indeed do it right.

Be safe,

L[/quote]

Thank you very much.
When it really hits home is when you start burying your siblings.

Sorry for your loss CB. My grandparents are all gone now, in their 90's when we lost them. Just my parents in their mid -80's and a few uncles and aunts not seen in years. Got a nephew having his first so the next generation coming on.....Sure makes me feel "old" ...

Caustic Burno":3vs91um4 said:
Just got one said I better get to Lufkin in the next few days. First cousin is getting ready for an address change.

I'm sorry to hear of this. Having been through it with Mom, a couple of months ago, it doesn't get any easier does it.

Workinonit Farm":3kt64tpr said:
Caustic Burno":3kt64tpr said:

I'm sorry to hear of this. Having been through it with Mom, a couple of months ago, it doesn't get any easier does it.

No it doesn't.

Caustic Burno":16zo5wol said:
That leaves two of us now in that generation on moms side.

Last year I thought they must have put pall bearer on my resume'.

Sorry CB It seems the older we get the more we get that contact.

Latest posts