Robo Calls

Help Support CattleToday:

Vehicle warranty, lower interest on credit cards, and used to get some saying I'd won a cruise, are mainly what we get calls on. If it's a non local area code, or even from a fairly local place that I know I have had no business with, I don't answer.

One day in the winter when I was laying around the house staying out of the weather I got a car warranty call. I had nothing to do so I hung on until I got a live person. I kept them on the phone not giving them any of my information but asking questions. When I had enough I told them my car has 270,000 miles on it and the pickup has 290,000. For some reason they weren't interested in talking to me anymore. Haven't had a car warranty call since.

One day in the winter when I was laying around the house staying out of the weather I got a car warranty call. I had nothing to do so I hung on until I got a live person. I kept them on the phone not giving them any of my information but asking questions. When I had enough I told them my car has 270,000 miles on it and the pickup has 290,000. For some reason they weren't interested in talking to me anymore. Haven't had a car warranty call since.
If you really want to mess with them you need to take some inspiration from this guy:

@Buck Randall, that's a combo of brilliant and disturbing. I loved the glitter/fart bomb videos with the Amazon packages I saw earlier this year, but this is taking it to a whole new level. Wouldn't it be easier to just get a REAL job? (rhetorical question)

This is great! They should pay people to do this. Knew about the scams, but now about how they work.

Just a little PSA that direct-person phone scams are still alive and well. The father of one of my friends fell for the "Grandparent Scam", where a caller (in this case, female) identifies herself as the grandchild that has been arrested (or hospitalized, or held for ransom) and pleads for the grandparent to wire money. And don't tell my parents! My friends father is a retired Lieutenant Colonel and Psychologist; clearly and educated man. But he was well aware that his granddaughter had substance abuse problems and all logic ceased to exist. He actually wired the money.

Please make sure your parents and elderly loved ones are aware of all the scams. Never, ever send money or give our personal information!!! There's a lot of information on the AARP website, as well as the FCC and FTC.

Latest posts