Cell phone issues.

Help Support CattleToday:

Caustic Burno

Reaction score
That is all we have must be something atmospheric as our cell and wifi has stunk for the last couple of weeks. Something is wrong a lot of people we know are having trouble with dropped calls and Internet connection.
Someone with some telecommunications knowledge have a clue on how Verizon works or doesn't here lately? I have never researched is it all off tower or is satellites involved.
We used to always have 4g it goes between 1x and 4g can't even work the Internet at 1x.

You probably have a tower down for maintenance or upgrade.
I use Verizon cell for all my voice, text and data (internet). No problems.
Unless you specifically have a sat plan thru Verizon, you are using a cell tower sig. Even tho you may have a 4g plan, 4g isn't available in all areas of E. Texas, especially out in the boonies. (There is no difference in the plan cost of 3g vs 4g--Neither Verizon nor ATT offers a straight 3G plan anymore) and Verizon often uses ATT tower and sometimes their tower and transmit equipment.
Verizon has in the past, been notorious, for throttling back your speeds when you approach your monthly data limit, but it should not affect connectivity.

There is a Verizon website you an go to that is supposed to show any tower or data down area.

GB the wife and I have been on the phone almost constantly with Verizon and they say no issue.
This is a lie as we live a mile from the tower and have had a good signal for over a decade up to a few weeks ago. If it were one devise I mean get think other wise.
Internet has gotten so bad we are looking for alternatives right now.
There are no phone lines out here anymore so it has to be wireless.

Call and threaten to leave them. Seriously. If they're unwilling to fulfill their end of the contract, then you shouldn't be their customer. I'm so sick of these giant companies jerking us all around. What happened to customer service? Especially in a market this tight you'd think they'd care more.

Caustic Burno":418qflif said:
GB the wife and I have been on the phone almost constantly with Verizon and they say no issue.
This is a lie as we live a mile from the tower and have had a good signal for over a decade up to a few weeks ago. If it were one devise I mean get think other wise.

Have you tried going into one of the Verizon stores (where they sell cell phones, etc.) and explaining the problem? I've found most of them to be pretty helpful, and I can often get better service talking to someone face-to-face instead of over the phone.

Rafter S":1mjy0zzt said:
Caustic Burno":1mjy0zzt said:

Have you tried going into one of the Verizon stores (where they sell cell phones, etc.) and explaining the problem? I've found most of them to be pretty helpful, and I can often get better service talking to someone face-to-face instead of over the phone.
That's how I deal with issues with verizon. The email/phone/chat stuff just doesn;t seem to be very helpfull

Bestoutwest":a95y7dc1 said:
Call and threaten to leave them. Seriously. If they're unwilling to fulfill their end of the contract, then you shouldn't be their customer. I'm so sick of these giant companies jerking us all around. What happened to customer service? Especially in a market this tight you'd think they'd care more.
I have been a Verizon customer since bag phones and l am fed up.

when you call Verizon, punch the number to cancel your service. Go through the prompts and you will finally get to someone in customer retention. Their job is to solve your problem.

houstoncutter":2tqclezp said:
when you call Verizon, punch the number to cancel your service. Go through the prompts and you will finally get to someone in customer retention. Their job is to solve your problem.
I envision that conversation going one of 2 ways:

1. After listening to CB rant and rave for a couple minutes, the guy on the other end is going to say "You problem lies somewhere between your device and your chair" and then hang up on ol CB.
2. After listening to CB rant and rave for a couple minutes, the guy on the other end is going to say "We'll just go ahead and effective at the end of this conversation, revoke your service. Good riddance." and then hang up on ol CB.

greybeard":211ycwu4 said:
houstoncutter":211ycwu4 said:

1. After listening to CB rant and rave for a couple minutes, the guy on the other end is going to say "You problem lies somewhere between your device and your chair" and then hang up on ol CB.
2. After listening to CB rant and rave for a couple minutes, the guy on the other end is going to say "We'll just go ahead and effective at the end of this conversation, revoke your service. Good riddance." and then hang up on ol CB.

You are kinda like one of those Airedale dogs smarter than you look they have released the contract
refunded over half of last months and this months bill we are month to month as we look for another provider.

The conversation started downhill after about two minutes for some reason after going through
our troubles and not getting satisfactory results. I explained to the fellow the first rule in plowing the field is to get the mules attention and hickory works best in the form of an ax handle.
I further explained a day in my grandmas garden smelling mule farts or in a room with me would improve his IQ and customer satisfaction skills. It really started rolling fast when I ask if there was anyone there with a HS education as I needed to speak with a more learned person.

Caustic Burno":3mdfa1vl said:
greybeard":3mdfa1vl said:
houstoncutter":3mdfa1vl said:

You are kinda like one of those Airedale dogs smarter than you look they have released the contract
refunded over half of last months and this months bill we are month to month as we look for another provider.

The conversation started downhill after about two minutes for some reason after going through
our troubles and not getting satisfactory results. I explained to the fellow the first rule in plowing the field is to get the mules attention and hickory works best in the form of an ax handle.
I further explained a day in my grandmas garden smelling mule farts or in a room with me would improve his IQ and customer satisfaction skills. It really started rolling fast when I ask if there was anyone there with a HS education as I needed to speak with a more learned person.

You silver tongued devil!

I have noticed my signal is weaker the past few weeks. Still better than AT&T. I had AT&T Wife use to have T-Moble and a buddy had Sprint all three are worse than Verizon. Verizon ain't prefect but it is like voting you got to pick the best out of the crap pile. Going in and talking face to face is the best. Not that the idiots in the store are any smarter, but I love see that idiot for AT&T squirm when I told him to go to He// and the shove the phone up his back side sideways.

Latest posts