Caution about Airbnb

Help Support CattleToday:

Satisfaction in life is most often tied to expectations.
Those who want a rose garden, without pulling a weed end up dissatisfied.

Going into the AirBnB business I took some things for granted. Like you dont grill burgers and bacon directly on the indoor gas stove (i thought everyone knew to use a pan?), and you put your garbage in a bag not just directly in the kitchen can, if your kid pukes on the kitchen floor you clean it up instead of walk around it for 3 days.

So yeah I've lowered my expectations of people over the years. I didn't expect a rose garden, I expected a weed patch. In reality its a poison ivy patch needing the thistles pulled up.

Going into the AirBnB business I took some things for granted. Like you dont grill burgers and bacon directly on the indoor gas stove (i thought everyone knew to use a pan?), and you put your garbage in a bag not just directly in the kitchen can, if your kid pukes on the kitchen floor you clean it up instead of walk around it for 3 days.

So yeah I've lowered my expectations of people over the years. I didn't expect a rose garden, I expected a weed patch. In reality its a poison ivy patch needing the thistles pulled up.
Throwing away loose garbage is one of the things that aggravates me to no end.
My wife has a simple list for folks to follow, and has a few post it notes around like by the toilet to remind folks to not flush other products besides the toilet paper provided.

Well from what we understand from a friend who has a close family member working at a local hotel, some of that work crew has already been kicked out of it too. This incident was much more serious, a female hotel employee was assaulted ( assaulted wasn't the word used it was much worse).
It's crazy to think that we could have had those individuals staying on our property.
Wife said she was sure glad she had a viscous dog on a leash with her each time she encountered them that I wasn't with her.

Latest posts