Cattle Photos

Help Support CattleToday:

Beefy, is it the Brahman influence that makes for the extra sheath on the calf or is that related to something else? (Sorry for the dumb question, we just don't see any Brahma cattle here.)

Take care.

Yes, its the Brahman. That calf is actually a heifer, out of a beefmaster bull and the cow is half brangus, half beefmaster. if i calculated correctly the calf should be about 15/32 brahman...?

Oops! :oops:

Sorry 'bout that. My mistake. See? Told you I didn't know squat about that breed and sure proved it with my post.

Thanks for the information. Always nice to learn new things!

Take care.

Beefy":6f1zcv9j said:
TR-
i bet that cow has some charolais in her...

Sounds like the "Heinz 57" title is in order for her then....:)

She's a good cow, but she's old and didn't breed back on time, so she's a gonner after this year's calf. We really count ourselves lucky that she produced that heifer as a replacement as she is the spittin image of her mama.

It's warming right up.

Picture002.jpg

Curly is due at the end of the month. 1/2 Beefmaster, 1/4 A, 1/4 L

Picture226.jpg

Some of my heifers that are being exposed to the beefmaster. Thinking about maybe breeding them to a brangus next year.

Picture224.jpg

I knew our neighbor's dalmation was up to no good! i could just tell by that guilty look on his face...

Picture082.jpg

Picture243.jpg

Picture245.jpg

these beefmaster bull calves are out of a bull we no longer have. how would you rank these (with no regard to color)

me not Beefy, but beefmaster = approximately 50% brahman, 25% hereford and 25% shorthorn

True, and some express more hereford, brahman, shorthorn than others it seems.

Dear Jake,
I agree with you about the dun calf being the best. i really like the herf looking one alot too but he seems really posty to me at times, obviously more so than the other two. maybe i'm just being overly critical, i dont know. he had the best muscling early on though. The dalmation has the most length of the three.