CATTLE IN OTHER COUNTRYS

Help Support CattleToday:

piedmontese

Reaction score
I have a facebook page and have become friends with several cattlemen in other countrys.there cattle all look so good.what do they do different? if u have facebook or google look up jalex herd.every animal they got is impressive.limousin cattle sure look alot different than here.

piedmontese":ig216s6l said:
I have a facebook page and have become friends with several cattlemen in other countrys.there cattle all look so good.what do they do different? if u have facebook or google look up jalex herd.every animal they got is impressive.limousin cattle sure look alot different than here.
Those must be imported Limousin.............;)

TexasBred":2febhwn4 said:
These don't look like ours either.

yea i have seen that pic b4 and wondered how they survive like that,or if they r 4 slaughter wheres the beef and if they r for breeding,good luck.

We bought 3 brahmans in that nick. Red brahmans. Hubby didn't go to the sale to buy but felt sorry for them so bought them. However it was a scorcher day and he had to come home to get the truck and me. When we arrived back at the sale everyone had gone except these three girls who were in a yard with no water and no grass.

I honestly woulnd't have been surprised if they didn't make the trip home. Half an hour of driving.

I think I have found how they get in that nick. If you have water you don't sell your herd. As long as you have water you keep them. But of course you never know when it is going to rain or when you run out of water, so some farmers keep them as long as possible.

Remember this ladies the next time you diet. The best way to fatten a beast is to starve it first.

Here they are when they arrived home.

RedBrahman1small.jpg

RedBrahman2small.jpg

RedBrahman3small.jpg

and here they are a few months later with a gelbvieh lying down in front.

smallDSCF4757.jpg

good job.a big improvement n a short amount of time.i bet u got em cheap.r u gonna bread em?

Yes they were bred to my 7/8th Bazadais bull.

The first year 2 heifers and a steer. Bazamans

This year 2 have calved. The third one I thought she did last week, but I may have been tricked. I will have a good look at her the next time I am out there, as I have not seen a calf with her the last 2 times I have looked.

Suzie Q,

I am curious about the Bazadais breed. Where is their place in the OZ cattle industry? How do they compare to a Gelbvieh ? Limousin?

I have a full blood bazadais bull on the place at the moment. His calves will be after my birthday in May 2011.

I have 42 calves from my 7/8th bazadais bull.

I have 2 Gelbvieh cows. One looks like a Gelbvieh one looks the opposite, but that is what was on their Waybills.

What I am loving at the moment is that I have had 44 calves born this year with TOUCHWOOD no problems. 2 have died because of bottle teated cows that we are getting rid of. 42 are alive and well. No pulling out or anything.

We haven't sold any yet, so I can't answer you question about their place in Oz. There are some butchers that only sell Bazaman meat. Their meat has won quite a few competitions including a pie competition.

Suzie Q":sn70vp9s said:
I have a full blood bazadais bull on the place at the moment. His calves will be after my birthday in May 2011.

I have 42 calves from my 7/8th bazadais bull.

I have 2 Gelbvieh cows. One looks like a Gelbvieh one looks the opposite, but that is what was on their Waybills.

What I am loving at the moment is that I have had 44 calves born this year with TOUCHWOOD no problems. 2 have died because of bottle teated cows that we are getting rid of. 42 are alive and well. No pulling out or anything.

We haven't sold any yet, so I can't answer you question about their place in Oz. There are some butchers that only sell Bazaman meat. Their meat has won quite a few competitions including a pie competition.
Can we see your Bull? Thanks in advance. :)

and here is a pic of some of my weaners. The really light ones are from a charbray bull and are 3 months older. The big red one is a much older one who is a Droughtmaster. The others are Bazadais crosses. The oldest is 20 months old.

This photo was taken after months of flooding with the cattle not having anywhere to graze.

DSCF0492small.jpg

There's been more fortunes made taking thin cattle to fat. Almost as many have been lost buying them fat and expecting them to stay that way out on pasture. Those transformation pictures are very good!

Northern Rancher":3br4y0dt said:
There's been more fortunes made taking thin cattle to fat. Almost as many have been lost buying them fat and expecting them to stay that way out on pasture. Those transformation pictures are very good!
no doubt,,, good job susie :cowboy:

We have done that with a lot of our cattle. We had the money for the land, but not to equip it.

So we didn't buy by the deck load as established farmers did. We buy 1 or 2 or 3 at a time. The ones that no one else wants. They go into the yard and fed ad lib hay until they think of here as home and are wormed, vaccinated and let them out to eat. Grass and hay. No other bought in feeds.

Now with our own bull we are breeding our own and have way too many. We have to cut down. There is just a little matter of being able to get the truck out of the driveway during and after the floods.

We keep getting a bit of a storm every afternoon. Just enough to make everything greasy.

What I am working on at the moment. Sob! Is replacing the older cattle with their progeny. So I am keeping the younger and starting to sell the older. The first years we had a droughtmaster bull.

We also have a couple from a Charbray bull who accidentally visited once, but since getting Garbrook Brodie (7/8ths Bazadais), I have taken over the fences between us and next door and TOUCHWOOD, no bull in since then.

We started with 4 heifers and 1 bull that were too young to breed. As I wanted to ease myself into it and not have these huge creatures that I was afraid of.

We currently have 83 head.

Latest posts