Cattle going to hay as sun sets.

Help Support CattleToday:

Dylan Biggs

Reaction score
Yesterday evening!

556416_466285310087343_1158859478_n.jpg

-26C is about the coldest we've ever had here... it's been about -5 for a long long time now, with a couple spells down to -18 this year, it's warming up and snowing here now, so maybe this warm front will come out your way

I start to complain when it's colder than about -15C or so and I have to work outside... That being said, I've been riding my XR500 around in 8" of snow at -10 all winter.. its a blast... just put it in 3rd and pin it, then dance on the pegs... I was just having a bit of trouble with the ignition/spark plug getting too wet.

greybeard":1y46payf said:
I don't know how you folks do that--I just know I couldn't.

Put on lots of layers, have good arctic quality boots and mitts, hope the wind quits blowing and don't any more time outside than is necessary! You could do it, but I certainly understand not doing it. :tiphat:

Nesikep, I hope it gets here soon. It will warm up eventually, spring is coming, spring is coming, spring is coming, I know it!!!! :)

Dylan Biggs":3hdki3nl said:
greybeard":3hdki3nl said:
I don't know how you folks do that--I just know I couldn't.

Put on lots of layers, have good arctic quality boots and mitts, hope the wind quits blowing and don't any more time outside than is necessary! You could do it, but I certainly understand not doing it. :tiphat:

Nesikep, I hope it gets here soon. It will warm up eventually, spring is coming, spring is coming, spring is coming, I know it!!!! :)
yeah but august is still a long way off yet :lol2: suppose to be 70 here today... good picture

With the snow reflecting the sunset and the snow powder looking like dust I would title this picture as Martian Cattle Coming To Feed.

I think that dust you are referring to, is the breath coming from the cattle in those cold temps. brrr

Limomike":uianiahp said:
I think that dust you are referring to, is the breath coming from the cattle in those cold temps. brrr
Thanks Limo.......at first glance I assumed it was fine snow powder being kicked up by the cows and swirled by the wind. Dang that looks cold :shock:

Alacowman, I can barely run forward let alone backwards! :) Luckily running isn't required today. The bigger challenge is trying to get through all the layers with mitts on! :)

Yes it is breath not dust in the photo. There is a little snow being kicked up, they were bucking and kicking and trotting a bit.

Dylan was kind enough to allow me to post another cold sunset on his thread. This was taken while ice fishing on Saturday evening. We were 3 miles out, and 28 feet deep.
Icefishing015.jpg

Angie.....that ain't fishing.....that is freezing! :mrgreen: I just cannot connect ice and fish together unless I am tossing filets in a cooler. :cowboy:

Thanks Dylan, yours was beautiful as well! I just thought it was neat how different the sunsets were from each other.
Hoss, anyone who will not ice fish in Mn loses out on a whole season of fishing. I will fish in any weather. :nod:

angie":2ncwpf23 said:
Dylan was kind enough to allow me to post another cold sunset on his thread. This was taken while ice fishing on Saturday evening. We were 3 miles out, and 28 feet deep.
Icefishing015.jpg

Gives a whole new meaning to "Let's have a cold one". :cowboy:

Latest posts