cats

Help Support CattleToday:

Well........
I do have a couple more not pictured :lol: :lol:

how many is a couple more?
my lil secret :lol: :lol: :lol:

If Yall ever get too many more cats, you might want to think of opening a Chinese restaurant.I'm glad you like those cats, if I even see one around here it's history. They got to be one of the dirtiest animals there are, and will destroy Quail ,Rabbit and other populations.

I don't have cats. The little wife has 2 and anymore comes to visit I name them terget. Seems a good way for me to keep my scope on the 308 zeroed in for deer and hog.

Calman":10h12cny said:
I don't have cats. The little wife has 2 and anymore comes to visit I name them terget. Seems a good way for me to keep my scope on the 308 zeroed in for deer and hog.
I know what you mean there Calman, they have that special bounce to them when you shoot em' up to 4-5 feet.

I know my husband says they are worthless, yet we all know who is the boss now don't we? :D

GMN":31anv1yr said:
I know my husband says they are worthless, yet we all know who is the boss now don't we? :D
Sounds like those britches are pulled up tight and belted down, and the Cats are gonna stay put! :shock:

wow thats alot of cats! dont they stink? I dont have cats, dont care for cats ... Why do you want that many??

Crowderfarms":387olc0z said:
If Yall ever get too many more cats, you might want to think of opening a Chinese restaurant.
:nod: :lol: :lol:
Now that I think about it Springfield has a lot of Chinese resturants.
Caustic you think twice about where you eat when you come up :lol:
Lends a whole new meaning to diversified ag. huh ;-)
I wonder if you can get them to eat chicken crap :?:

Let me try Paint. When we were kids one of us would hold the shotgun and yell, "Pull." The other would toss the cat as high as he could. Oh the fur would just fly. What fun we had on the farm as kids. :lol:

Bullbuyer":nexxrclg said:
Okay fellas, that's enough.
I'll tell you one thing, until you've seen a cat jump through the hay and come back out with a big ol' mouth full of rat - you don't know what an asset they can be. Granted,
  • some people
go a little overboard with their breeding program...
other than spaying or neuter which no cattleman would do they aint no way to keep um from breeding. if cattle could reproduce like them we would all be millionares ;-)

ctlbaron":3550xlgc said:
Let me try Paint. When we were kids one of us would hold the shotgun and yell, "Pull." The other would toss the cat as high as he could. Oh the fur would just fly. What fun we had on the farm as kids. :lol:
And folks, thats how the CATAPULLLLT! came into being...

I'm not a great lover of cats, but we (my wife) has 6, all spayed and nuetered. I have to say the earn their keep as much as anything else on the ranch. We finally finished our new horse barn moved some hay in and the horses in and put a couple of the cats down there. The next morning I counted pieces of four to five mice. I see them setting by a fresh mole mound all the time, not much of a mole problem.

Alacowman, just courious to why no cattleman would have a cat spayed or nuetered?

Alan

There's no point to spaying or neutering the beasts. It's only the s/n ones that die, anyhow. Murphy's law; within a week after having the deed done, the cat will be hit by a car, eaten by a fox, or owl...just a lot of wasted money. Our cats rarely live longer than a year - I think we have two right now that have been here as long as three years. LOL.

milkmaid":29jnmrt1 said:
There's no point to spaying or neutering the beasts. It's only the s/n ones that die, anyhow. Murphy's law; within a week after having the deed done, the cat will be hit by a car, eaten by a fox, or owl...just a lot of wasted money. Our cats rarely live longer than a year - I think we have two right now that have been here as long as three years. LOL.
BINGO :cboy:

RebelCritter":11wfwc8r said:
wow thats alot of cats! dont they stink? I dont have cats, dont care for cats ... Why do you want that many??

Cats are very clean animals, I have always liked cats. Truthfully alot of these are drop offs, and or from friends that didn't want them around their places, but really they are only in a clump in the picture, because I put some food out for them in the mornings, then the rest of the day they go their own ways. There are a few like Kitty Belle and Big Boy that are faves. They are strictly outside cats, I have no cats in the house. They are good mousers, and what I really like about them is that they have attitude. :)

[/quote]And folks, thats how the CATAPULLLLT! came into being...[/quote]

I know its all an act, deep down you are just a big pussycat yourself!

milkmaid":1so80vu8 said:

First off congrats to you ms. guru!

That makes sense, we have had our 6 cats on our place for almost 3 yrs, in fact we moved 2 with us when we bought the place a little over 5 yrs ago and 1 came with the place, so I guess 3 have been here for 5 years and we got 3 kittens 3 years ago. While we have lots of coyotes around the dogs run them will enough I guess. Although the 3 kittens where to replace 2 cats that "disappeared".

Alan

ive got three cats at this minute in my barn and they are nessesary when you keep grain, leather items like saddles, rubber hoses on spray riggs wiring on farm trucks and tractors. other than that a little feed they aint getting no attention he!! they dont want it.

Latest posts