Cytauxzoon felis - Bobcat Tick Fever in cats

Help Support CattleToday:

Workinonit Farm":1pw4elwc said:
Where might I find more information on this?

Katherine
Sadly there isn;t really much current information. Searvh Mercks or google Cytauxzoon felis

branguscowgirl":pj1detz6 said:
Wikipedia talks about a anti malaria drug that gives a 60% success rate. Is that an option for your cat?
I doubt it, you would probably have to have it on hand to start it early. Once the jaundice sets in it's probably up to the cat to fight it off.

dun":oajicf0j said:
branguscowgirl":oajicf0j said:
Wikipedia talks about a anti malaria drug that gives a 60% success rate. Is that an option for your cat?
I doubt it, you would probably have to have it on hand to start it early. Once the jaundice sets in it's probably up to the cat to fight it off.
:(

branguscowgirl":1bhc8o82 said:
dun":1bhc8o82 said:
branguscowgirl":1bhc8o82 said:
:(
Her 108 fever broke saturday eveing. Vet called this mornin and said to come and get her. When I thanked her she said she wasn;t sure if what she did helped or not, but most of it was just the tough little cat.

If anyone cares, here's the story

I don;t even really like cats, but there is something about this one. Only took 70 plus years for me to find a cat I liked and got attached to. A year or so ago I was over at the dairy and a skinny, runty,tick and flea invested kitten came out of the woods and kept rubbing on my leg and purring. I felt sorry for her so I took her home and treated her for the bugs. She was really small and when I took her to vet for her shots she guessed her age at about 2-3 months. Th next week she came into heat and the vet said she had to be closer to 5-6 months. She's still only about 2/3 the size of our other barn cat but she claimed me as hers. When I would go for a ride on the mule, she hops up in my lap and goers with me. Who ever heard of a cat that liked to go for rides.

dun":3gjkinkb said:
If anyone cares, here's the story

She's still only about 2/3 the size of our other barn cat but she claimed me as hers. When I would go for a ride on the mule, she hops up in my lap and goers with me. Who ever heard of a cat that liked to go for rides.

I like the story.

Our house cat is a former stray that showed up here 12 years ago. She's about 1/2 the size of most cats. I guess becuase of her 'start' in life. Fixed her up, got attached, she came home one night with a bullet hole in her neck, been a house cat ever since. We take her out with a leash and harness.....yeah....I know......sounds silly, but it works for us.

A friend of ours had a Maine Coon that LOVED to ride in the car.

Good luck with your cat dun. I hope she gets back to her usual self.

Katherine