cats

Help Support CattleToday:

Just speaking for myself, although I can't say I'm fond of the critters, I would never intentionally hurt an animal!! We're just pullin ya'lls chain. Sorry if it got outta hand. ;-)

Ok. I just wanted to see how how quick some of you would be to saddle up and sink spur. It didn't take long did it. It never ceases to amaze me how many people are just looking for something to jump on someone for. I think any reasonable person who has been on this board long enough to know me knows that I am one of the last ones to give up on a sick animal. Let alone kill them for no reason. You had to know I was joking or you are mighty gullable. Yes I have cats at the barn. And I like them just fine as long as they stay out of the flower beds and the garden. I just hope you folks who bit hook, line and sinker aren't the kind who say things like, "my dog or cat is like my child." Anyone who says that never had children or in any case should not be allowed to raise kids if thats all they think of them. So y'all can relax now. Kitty is safe and that bad ol Baron was just winding you up.

I would like to extend my apologies for over-reacting. The timing on this thread coincided with my having to put my cat of 17 years down yesterday and, being upset about that, I was overly sensitive. If I had thought about it for a moment in a rational manner I would have realized that there is no way most of the people posting on this thread would ever harm an animal. I am sorry for my reaction. :oops: :oops:

No worries Camp. I am truly sorry to here about you cat. 17 years is a long time with the same pet. Baron

Crowderfarms":28t7szm4 said:
Sorry about your cat, Msscamp. Maybe GMN can ship a new one to Wy. or She can bring it to you in her Cattalac.

I can't help it. That was funny right there, I don't care who ya are!! :lol:

I'm truelly sorry for your loss Msscamp.

I believe God put all critters here for a reason.

I also believe that we all have an opinion of what critter belongs where.

I really do like my little wifes cats in the barn.I do not have a mice or rat problem.

I just have a problem with people who can't tell the difference between an animal and a person.

Cal

Sorry to hear about the loss of your cat Msscamp. It's tough to lose any pet but specially if you've had it that long.

cfpinz

Sorry to hear about your pet, Msscamp.. I lost one of my cats over a year ago, and it still makes me feel terrible to run across a picture of her.. She is missed greatly, but my GF and I have four other cats and three dogs -- inside, in an 1100sqft house :lol: -- that do a good job of taking up the slack...

I'm a big softy too, in case you couldn't tell :lol: ... We've got anywhere from 1 to 6 barn cats, depending on the time of year and how well they can take care of themselves.. We do what we can, but they're so feral you can't lay a hand on any of them.

And before you big tough guys go making fun of me for being such a girly man, know this: I just bought a pair of XLT insulated over-alls, because every pair of XLT *cover*-alls I could fine were way too tight through the shoulders.. :lol: :lol: :lol:

(...that's actually true.. meaningless, sure, but true... :lol: )

ctlbaron":1xpxmlkw said:
When did I say I was an animal lover? There are laws against that too. :roll:
so sorry to hear about the loss of your cat msscamp, I still think of my two I lost last year, one 19 and one 14years old.

you see I just assumed, seeing as you have animals on your ranch/farm you would be, as I didn't think you were a crops only grower. ;-)
and animal lover in that way :oops: :shock: well I feel cut to the quick to think you may think a lady could think such a thing. :eek:

msscamp":2jpk25ft said:
I would like to extend my apologies for over-reacting. The timing on this thread coincided with my having to put my cat of 17 years down yesterday and, being upset about that, I was overly sensitive. If I had thought about it for a moment in a rational manner I would have realized that there is no way most of the people posting on this thread would ever harm an animal. I am sorry for my reaction. :oops: :oops:

Sorry to hear about your cat. I haven't had a cat for a few years since I put down my 12 year old. My husband will only live with one pet so I have my dog. I actually prefer cats but I wanted the protection when I am out walking in the woods. So instead of a nice, clean, soft cat I have a huge, drooling, smelly dog! :lol:

Calman":sxk8qw4i said:
I just have a problem with people who can't tell the difference between an animal and a person.

Cal

Thank you, Calman. I can and do understand where you're coming from.

I also thank everyone for your kind words of understanding and empathy. I appreciate them very much. Thank you. :)

msscamp":amryc72e said:

Let one of those little fur balls scratch one of the kids and I'll revoke it's breathing license without a second thought. Moral of the story...never say never. I do from on the lawn mower and golf club types though.

I am however sorry to hear about your cat. 17 years is a long time. Must have been a dang good pet.

Latest posts