Cashierless store....................

Help Support CattleToday:

Lucky said:
There is no doubt that 99% of companies now days really work hard to improve the day to day safety of it's employees. Some of the things we are required to do now are kind of ridiculous but if it keeps us safe I'm good with it. At the end of the day companies need to remain profitable though. It's all about calculated risk I guess. " hey wear all this PPE and fill out this risk assessment before we send you out to open a valve we were told needs replacing, while your at it can we do a safety observation on you". I'm good with most things but have said "I'm not doing that it's not safe".

I fought hard for FRC's for employees!
Putting on bunker gear and going in to pull burnt up people out to load on life flight will get to you if your human.
I hired in when the philosophy was kill a man hire another one kill s horse buy another one. The industry needed to change. When you see body bags lined up it will impact your thinking.
Government over regulations are a reason I retired. It got to the point I spent as much time with environmental or legal versus running operations.
There is always a way to do a job safely the problem comes in when employees use safety as a way to get out of work.
I found after expectations were expressed most employees lived up to them.
They all knew don't bring me a problem but a solution.

Latest posts