Case/IH 485 Air filter light stays on?

Help Support CattleToday:

kenojoe

Reaction score
I noticed my idiot light on the other day so I pulled the air filters and blew them out. The small inner filter looked like new and the larger filter had some light dust. I blew the large filter until noting else would come out. Looking at it with my "old" eyes it looks good. That's not to say that there isn't super fine dust in the pleats. I put the filters back in and still have a light on. Do I need to replace the filter or is there a sensor that is bad. My oil light came on last week so I put a regular pressure gauge on and it read 58PSI. I am a little leery of the idiot lights. How do I know if the filter really needs to be replaced. As you know they are pretty expensive. Thanks for any help. Joe

I usualy put the air blow gun inside filter and blow outwards.If you can feel air passing thru it its ok,The sending units get stuck.it is on the air tube and usualy has one wire to it ,it has a diaphram that closes the ground circuit. Check to see if the wire is shorted to ground by unpluging from sending unit.If light goes off when wire is unplugged the unit is stuck.Try tapping it lightly against the tractor frame.

kenojoe":1bucjs40 said:
I noticed my idiot light on the other day so I pulled the air filters and blew them out. The small inner filter looked like new and the larger filter had some light dust. I blew the large filter until noting else would come out. Looking at it with my "old" eyes it looks good. That's not to say that there isn't super fine dust in the pleats. I put the filters back in and still have a light on. Do I need to replace the filter or is there a sensor that is bad. My oil light came on last week so I put a regular pressure gauge on and it read 58PSI. I am a little leery of the idiot lights. How do I know if the filter really needs to be replaced. As you know they are pretty expensive. Thanks for any help. Joe
some filters can look good and still be clogged,, put a drop light or bulb inside the filter element see how bright the light looks

We have a Case 585 on the ranch, and the orange light came on the other day on it also. I pulled the big air filter out and also took the small one out too. The small one didn't look that dirty at first glance, but when I got it out and tapped it on the fender, lots of dirt came out. I blew them both out really good with an air hose and reinstalled. No more light.

If that doesn't work, and it's been a long time since they have been replaced, I would buy new filters.

Latest posts