Cap Chur vs Medi Dart

Help Support CattleToday:

bob g

Reaction score
I am considering purchasing one of these gadgets...would appreciate what you folks that have had experience with either think is the best product.

BTW....i sincerely enjoy reading all your comments. What a wealth of knowledge and experience you bring.

I have a benjamin air rifle that shoots up to a 10cc dart. I use it monthly and have found it to be very helpful. The main drawback I see is that you are only able to adminster med IM and not Sub-q.
Dont forget BQA( Beef Quality Assurance) when using any dart type device.

bought the medi dart bow. Like it, but thought about putting a bow fishing reel of some kind of retrival device on the arrow to eliminate waiting on arrow to fall out. Believe it issues up to 30cc per shot. would recommend catching them in a pen where you can walk through them. believe it will shoot 20-30 feet, and you have to aim high, but can practice with cover on it. Saves catching herd in corral.

Bought the Medi Dart cross bow. Nice Canadian folks and good service but the product is a little spendy. I have had two problems with the design:

1) The needles are pressed into an custom aluminum cap - so I am sharpening needles as a good bow hunter should.

2) The caps and O rings on the plunger will swell if you leave them in a wet tube. They provide castor oil which may be a moisture barrier.

I would buy it again.

Thanks fellows....ordered that Medi Dart....I'll agree, the Canadian lady was very nice...she seemed to enjoy my slight southern drawl.....only wish the $400 had been Canadian money...wife is gonna order me the "William Tell Overture" to play while I practice.....told her to see if she could find it done by Lester Flatt & Earl Scruggs.

Bob, I am probably too late with this post, but I have the capchur gun and use the pneudart reusable darts. The gun costs around 300 dollars and uses gas cartridges that will last 30 or more shots before changing cartridges. The rifle has worked great for me. Capchur has reusable darts, but in my situation, the disposable ones are what I have to use. I believe when I shoot a dart in the skin of the neck, I get a subcutaneous injection with the 3/4 inch needle most of the time. I shoot a couple hundred darts per year on the average. The gun is 5 years old and has never failed. It is a must for my cattle operation. I dont know anything about any other brand or type of gun or bow, sorry I cant give comparisons.

I'll stick with the alley/chute and headcatch I like to see exactly what I'm treating and be sure they recieve the medicine. I usually try anything new and upcoming but I'll pass on this one.

Latest posts