Dart guns

Help Support CattleToday:

I have always used 10 pumps with my Pneu gun. On calves you can really tell they were smacked with something but I would much rather be over powered than under powered. But before walking out inot the herd I never know if I am going to be shooting from 20 feet or 40 yards. So I am prepared for the long shot.

Change the subject I had a cow I put up in the barn overnight to where I could give her 50 cc of La 300 the next day, her calf bald all night long so the next morning I go to get her up and she mad and got me down and broke a few bones, don't know were to get rid of her or it was just a isolated case of missing calf, I gave her 2 more shots with the dart gun of draxxin but still not no better, got a vet coming in a few day just wandering what ya'll think of trusting her again??

I use a Cap-Chur .22 dart gun and have no complaints.
Which Blank do you use the very low Brown Box or Low Green Box, I found that if your using a 10cc or bigger to use the green box or it will not set the charge off. I don't know on anything smaller than that have not had a reason to use anything less.

Change the subject I had a cow I put up in the barn overnight to where I could give her 50 cc of La 300 the next day, her calf bald all night long so the next morning I go to get her up and she mad and got me down and broke a few bones, don't know were to get rid of her or it was just a isolated case of missing calf, I gave her 2 more shots with the dart gun of draxxin but still not no better, got a vet coming in a few day just wandering what ya'll think of trusting her again??
Do you think the Vet might be able to handle her better than you?

Ken

Do you think the Vet might be able to handle her better than you?

Ken
I had the Vet come out he had to tranquilize her in the field, she has never acted out since I had her since she was a bred heifer, I think she was in pain and her calf had bald all night long so I don't know what to do with her the Vet said he think she got a fracture in her back leg, he loaded her up with med's and said if she wasn't no better by the time I sell her calf to load her up and sell her. She is 4 years old now. But I spend a lot of time with my Cattle and never had any problems until now, so I just don't know beside I will keep my eyes on her.

Last edited:
Does Draxxin need to be refrigerated after use I've got Generic Draxxin and I can't find anything on the box that states to be refrigerated, I hope not because it's been a few weeks since I opened it and haven't had to use anymore.

Does Draxxin need to be refrigerated after use I've got Generic Draxxin and I can't find anything on the box that states to be refrigerated, I hope not because it's been a few weeks since I opened it and haven't had to use anymore.
No - it does fine at room temperature. Now leaving it on the dashboard of the pickup in the sun, may greatly reduce its effectiveness.

I keep mine in the ice box because I think it's better to be cold than to get too hot. As long as it is not frozen it should be fine, but keeping it below 80 in the barn is hard to do.