Camp Cooley Liquidation

Help Support CattleToday:

Yep...after the bankruptcy judge awarded ownership of ALL the embryos and semen to one of the banks I guess they got nothing left except a few good cows and bulls to move out.

bigbull338":2ud1kq08 said:
but the question is,did the embroyos an semen sales pay the bank off.
Oh I doubt it made a dent in the debt which is in the multi-millions. I'm sure the bank or "banks" will get the proceeds of the dispersal sale as well. The "ranch" is for sale as well but don't remember the price. Many millions I'm sure as it's about 12,000 acres I think.

man id hate to know i was so deep in the hole,that selling everything wouldnt pay me out.

bigbull338":rhmocllu said:
man id hate to know i was so deep in the hole,that selling everything wouldnt pay me out.
You never know all the details but it was my understanding that the big problem was not with the ranch but with the owners big construction company in San Antonio. It went to he$$ when the economy tanked. Have no idea what the total debt is but the land should be very valuable as it has huge gas deposits under it and dozens of good producing gas wells on it. Another "investor" will probably end up with it.

TexasBred":c6k4csj3 said:
bigbull338":c6k4csj3 said:
You never know all the details but it was my understanding that the big problem was not with the ranch but with the owners big construction company in San Antonio. It went to he$$ when the economy tanked. Have no idea what the total debt is but the land should be very valuable as it has huge gas deposits under it and dozens of good producing gas wells on it. Another "investor" will probably end up with it.

More than likely, the mineral rights have not been conveyed through the years. The land is probably valuable but not the same if it had the mineral rights conveying with it. I would be surprised if someone bought the entire ranch outright...... unless 44 Farms from over in Cameron or some other big outfit is looking to expand.

Did a little research....

Click on the link to the ranch listing. Once there Click where it says "CAMP COOLEY RANCH INFO"

http://www.ranchfindertexas.com/1hometemp.html

They want $5,000 an acre for plus or minus 9,500 acres..... coal and water rights convey all other mineral rights are reserved. The ranch is under gas and oil production.

Total sales price is plus or minus $47,500,000.00 :shock:

Angus In Texas":3bxum29b said:
Did a little research....

Click on the link to the ranch listing. Once there Click where it says "CAMP COOLEY RANCH INFO"

They want $5,000 an acre for plus or minus 9,500 acres..... coal and water rights convey all other mineral rights are reserved. The ranch is under gas and oil production.

Total sales price is plus or minus $47,500,000.00 :shock:
Yeah the gas production hs been there for years.I'd reserve the O&G as well. That's one of the best pay zones in the state with some huge gas wells. Coal could hold some value for any new owner as there are a couple of lignite burners up north from them a bit.

Thanks, learn something every day. Did you notice how many of them are owned by power companys? Taking out the middle man.
The Westmoreland company was once big here but left the area several years ago and moved their operations to Wyoming.

1982vett":2dtk3cl4 said:
Here is a link to a map. http://www.rrc.state.tx.us/programs/mining/TxCoaLst.pdf

I forget how deep they have to go but they basically dig a trench, strip the coal and backfill. Not sure exactly how much is actually still mined. I know TMPA shut the mine years ago and railroads "cleaner coal" in from the Power River Basin in Wyoming.

Vet the ones I've seen are not really that deep. Take 20 foot of overburden off and the lignite seem is right there. It varies in depth depending on the area. I have visited some of the mined out areas that hae been reclaimed and they are absolutely beautiful. Trees planted, rolling hills, small lakes and ponds... very nice.

Latest posts